Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rider
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

I ve just owned a 06 G6 GT coupe V6.( ten days ago) It has 55000km on it. I loved it but. It is like brand new. But recently I read so many problems about G6 cars. I start to feel like I made a mistake. The dealer has replaced the front Ball-joints for free after they sell, they said they were loose. Now I scare to have other problems. Any suggestions for maintenance.

I don t want to have problem with my G6 because when I drive it i feel the power, Especially after my 05 Focus ST.

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
all cars have issues, regardless of make and model.

ive had 2 g6's now and no major issues. yours has quite low km for the year...so do what you want.

the only REAL common issues ive heard of is the i shaft ( clunk in the steering ). stock rotors warp easily. and the sun roof leaking. ( just a drainage tube that comes disconnected

·
Rider
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...

no clunk in the steering until now `knock on the wood`. you are right mine still has the stock rotors on, and not reliable, i need to replace them. Do you know how can I clean sunroof drainage or fix it if I have any problem?

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
not sure what you mean by clean it...but if you have the leaky sun roof...you will know

it gets wet behind the driver seat on the ground. its quite a simple fix even tho i havnt done it myself lol. you need to take back the head liner in the car and reconnect the drainage tubes. you can zip tie them or super glue them together im sure.

theres a how to over at g6p and maybe here. just search around the how to sections.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
Welcome....Im sorry you lost your confidence in your G6.

I bought mine in 2005 and its been a DD for quite sometime with
only routine maintenance issues (oil, tires, brakes).

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
You should be happy you have purchased a G6! I have had mine since brand new in 06 and have over 101,000 miles on it! I have had to replace an oxygen sensor, other than that just routine wear and tear and maintenance. Great car and it still brings a smile to my face everytime I take I drive it (everyday!)! Take care of it and it will take care of you! Replace the fluids, tune it up, and if something does go wrong take care of it before it causes other problems. Congrats again on your G6 and welcome to the forum!

·
Rider
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you....

Actually I feel more confident now. The forum helped me on that. I see serious people with serious answers, it is good to see that someone out there can help me to resolve any problem with my G6.

Everyday I drive my ride to work 15 miles, it is a PLEASURE to drive this car. I will take care of her. I hope I won t regret it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have had good luck with mine. Had the normal problems,clunking steering shaft (simple fix), water leak from sun roof (simple fix)....light bulb.

I don't drive mine much anymore. I think (if any one can verify) my G6 is rare. As I understand it there were only 200 or so made like mine.

Lots of folks on here know tons about G6's. Just about any problem one has can either be addressed or one can be pointed in the right direction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts