Pontiac G6 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Here's a pic of the backside of my rear fusebox (09 sedan base)

The RED connector has all the wires that go to my rear tail lights.

See the 3 brown wires on the right? One goes to the left rear parking lights, one goes to the license plate light, and the other to the right rear parking lights.

It possible your problem lies right there, likely corrosion on the pin under the connector. If that turns out to be the case, then chances are you have other pins that are starting to get there too....
excellent picture.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So I pulled the fuse box apart and checked the pins. No corrosion. Cleaned them anyway. Bought new ammeter because last one was junk. I'm getting 12V to the fuse (#6) when the lights are supposed to be on. Not getting any to the relay. When I have time I'll pull the fuse box apart again and see if I'm getting voltage to the back of the panel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
that's not possible given your statement about the front markers still working.
Checked last night and front DRL work. Is there supposed to be a marker light on the side as well like the rear? Say the amber light? If there is, then no the front marker lights do not work. Also, stupid mistake, had the multimeter in millivolts. So I'm not getting any voltage from the fuse like I thought I was.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts