Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi forum members as you will see I am new here and need your help. I am a long time garage mechanic that has been fixing cars since I was 16. I'm now 54. My niece has a 2005 G6 GT with the 6 Cyl 3.5L engine. She recently started having trouble first with the shift lever. I was able nail that down to the cable bushing. Easy fix. What I'm having trouble with is her coolant leak. I'm assuming that it is leaking from the coolant crossover gaskets but for some odd reason which I'm hoping someone can shed some light on for me, is I can't find the gaskets. Every place I check show the gaskets for the 2006 and newer and when I enter my 2005 it shows the gaskets for the 2006 will not fit. This seems to allude that there is some design difference between the 2005 and newer engine. Can someone confirm this for me. I would like to source the gaskets before I start taking the car apart. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
367 Posts
Sorry that I do not have an answer to your specific question but if you are not certain you have traced the source of the leak you may want to take a look at the plastic "T" piece on the tubing below the coolant reservoir . Many of us have had this go brittle, leak and eventually fail. Hope you get it fixed and can find the parts you need

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Boomer, thanks for the reply. What I know for sure is it is leaking from the front of the motor on the passenger side. underneath About where the alternator is. I noticed the leak when I was under the car doing some other repair work. I'm going to get the car over and into my garage hopefully this weekend. Once I get the airbox and other stuff out of the way I can do a more thorough search. I'm new to this car and motor, so I don't know where everything is at yet. Something tells me I'm going to know this engine a lot better in the coming months.😁

1 - 3 of 3 Posts