Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy came down with his new car the Eclipse. Being the car nuts that we are we had to compare the two cars.

The Eclipse beat the G6 in the following: Acceleration (not by much), Stereo, style of the back of the car and the "wow factor" when drving down the street and people would be looking at it.

The G6 beat the Eclipse in the following: Road noise, access in and out of the car, rear seat room the Eclipse was awfull, front of the car the G6 looks nicer in our opinon.

His car had a grinding sound going into 2nd gear while my 6spd transmission has to be the worst on the planet. The shift into 2nd then to 3rd is embarassing. GM should hang their head in shame for producing a transmission as bad as mine.

Overall two very nice cars each with their strongpoints and weaknesses. I am still glad I bought a GTP.

Check out the following link to see both cars side by side.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/6927/cars0133aa.jpg

· Registered
314 Posts
The Eclipse is a better looking car. The stick on it was crap, I think, but other than the bizarre (and cheapy looking) interior, and the backseat room (or lackthere of) the G6 wins, I think.

I'd probably buy the Eclipse based on looks though.

· Registered
485 Posts
I do think the eclipse has more going on with it design-wise. I LOVE the interior, especially at night, with all the blue lights and that blue light in the center that shines on the console.

just by that pic above you can see the eclipse has more things going on on the outside, and the G6 is just kinda smooth and simple.

I did consider one, but stayed away because Mitsubishi is crap

· Registered
33 Posts
Eclipse Vs G6

One thing the Eclipse has that, living in a northern climate with snow and rain I would die for, and that is the rear window wiper/washer!
Why, with that big slanted window, Pontiac didn't see fit to make one available is beyond me.
The first drop of moisture and particularly snow and rearward visibilty goes to nil and there is no way to remove the stuff! My last two trucks had heated mirrors and the GTP doesn't and, in winter or moist conditions any season, there goes that means of ascertaining rearview vision.
Fine I guess if one lives in Florida or California but for the rest, just another measure where GM didn't sweat the details.
GTP driver
P.S. Don't get me wrong, I love my GTP but just wish GM had gone one step further.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.