Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

i have a Grand prix now

im in the market for a g6 and cant decide between the sedan or convertible.

i found 1 of each that i really like.
they are both 2006 and both are GTP.
both have 70,000 miles

just let me know what you guys think.

thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
Do you have to have 4 doors? If not, that hard top convertible is enticing! All the protection of a hard top when you need it (rain, winter) and then the drop top when you want it. Even if you only use it a few times a year, you still get the benefit of all that open window area when rolled down (no b pillar means open air from windshield to rear window). Just sayin...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i dont need a sedan. but i like the idea of a sunroof so in the winter i can still let the sun beam into the car, but then i like the idea of the coupe because it is a hard top and can drive it year round.

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
What year/trim Grand Prix? I went fromt a 2005 Comp G to my vert :D, pretty much solely because of the convertibleness.

One thing to consider since you're on the fence is that if you can't get a warranty, I've had some ongoing issues with my top (behave!) and I would imagine they wouldn't be cheap if I wasn't covered.

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Sounds like you should get a coupe with a sunroof. I would recommend looking for an 07 because they have a 100k warranty where the 06 only has the 36K. Then again I have a 06 GTP coupe 6 speed with 114K and have had normal wear and tear items that I have replaced. I have owned this car since brand new and still love driving it every day.

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
I'm sure you have in the gallery or on the road and u just didn't notice it. You've been around the block with the G6 to many times to not have.

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
As a for instance Nicole (Nv3ouss)'s does - check her photo album on Facebook. Actually I don't see why the verts couldn't also have a sunroof unless it's a wiring issue :banghead:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i want a sedan or the convertible. I think I'm leaning towards. The sedan because of the problems ive heard about the convertible top.

·
Slick Black Pontiac
151 Posts
I have a GT sedan with the panoramic sunroof. If I could do everything over I wouldn't get the big sunroof, or any sunroof for that matter because when it comes to sporty driving a sunroof is just a lot of weight high up on the car which raises the center of gravity and causes more body roll in corners.

That being said, for simply cruising around a sunroof is nice.

I've never been a fan of convertibles of any type. They are less structurally rigid, more complicated and a pain to work on.

I've had both two door and four door cars and have to admit that while the two doors were more "stylish" the four doors are much more user friendly in the long run.

The best was the five door Saturn station wagon, I loved the adaptability of that car.

·
Autobot Mechanic Lycan
125 Posts
convertible. i have a sedan but the convert' is white. i love white cars. my sedan is white. so, yeah get the convrtible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
convertible. i have a sedan but the convert' is white. i love white cars. my sedan is white. so, yeah get the convrtible.
yeah but white cars also show every nick and every dirty spot. i know someone that has a silver car and liked. i mean i like both...just wish i could afford both of them but have to make a decision.

·
Registered
556 Posts
yeah but white cars also show every nick and every dirty spot. i know someone that has a silver car and liked. i mean i like both...just wish i could afford both of them but have to make a decision.

Actually, white does very well at hiding how dirty it actually is and the nicks.... The darker the color the more it shows.. Example black. Black shows EVERYTHING. we have a black grand prix and I wipe it down every day vs my white g6 that can go a few days before it starts bothering me.

JT

1 - 20 of 21 Posts