Pontiac G6 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
its very common knowledge that the g6 cant shift for crap until tuned, torque management and shift points from the factory are just pathetic

i've run a 3.6 gtp up here multiple times at the track and the result is always the same, me with a 15.7/15.8 and him with a 16.0 or higher
Well he must have bald tires or crappy reaction time. b/c my 2007 3.6 GTP runs consistant 14.8-9's with a manumatic tranny, and traction control on, and on a cold night one time i got a 14.6 (rare). My 03 grand am ran 16's and i know just by the seat of my pant's my gtp is much faster.

And as for the 3.6 in the GXP And My year GTP it's the same motor, and though i don't know for a fact i would imagin that the gxp would be hevier b/c of the extra weight of the kit and spoiler.

So if you are all talking stock to stock 3.9 GTP Vs GXP (or 3.6 GTP) ide bet 3.6 every time.

and if your talking 3.6 GTP Vs 3.6 GXP It's all down to the drivers reaction time. IMO

·
Registered
638 Posts
he obviously either dont know how to drive or was just sitting at the line roasting his tires trying to go somewhere lol aka dont know how to drive......

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Agree with driver skill. My GXP is quick off the line if I pay attention, but I have punched it a few times and just sat squealing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5 Posts
disagree, they were modded

stock vs stock manual will put the hurt on auto
You got a manual? I got stock gtp auto and stock gxp, let's race? I love crushing dreams when people just have a hard on for manuals...straight aways auto all day. I've taken my vette and camaro to the track every year... so im no stranger to cars. Theres a reason manuals have their own race class as a handicap...so if you're pulling up side by side on a straight away... just because you're in a manual doesn't mean you shift faster than a computer bro. Sorry just had to poke at you a bit. No hard feelings

21 - 25 of 25 Posts