Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to sell my g6 again...thanks...cant find the info easily enough on google or anything

·
Midnight Blue GT
186 Posts
G6 would win hands down. My Gt can take my friends Rx8 till i hit 105 lol

·
Registered
278 Posts
Dave, that's funny you bring this up. Before I bought me 6 I almost bought an rx-8. I am now thinking about it again. I like the power my gtp has and how comfortable it is. But, so many little issues start to add up. Going to a rx-8 you will lose alot of room, and we didn't start with much. You will also be going to a lighter car a well. I live in upstate NY and I'm used to seeing 3-4 feet of snow in a weekend. With you living in Canada, you might want to think about that a well. Also going from a front wheel drive car to a rear wheel drive car and once again that is alot lighter.
Maybe the rx-8 do sent have that much torque, but you can down shift and red line at 9k and take off. As one of my friends put it, "a red line a day keeps the carbon away".
The Mazda is a sharp looking car, but like our cars, there isn't much for performance you can do unless you drop some serious coin. That's where the rx-8 wins, they can be very competitive.

So you step away from some out G6 issues and get into a car that is a very solid build, but can have a tempermental engine. That is the biggest reason I haven't made the step yet.

But, I love how they look. Have you driven one yet? If not, its a must! It may not be the fastest off the line, but I live where there is a ton of valleys and gorges so the roads are winding and fun to drive. This is where the Mazda rules. My gtp can't even come close to my buddies 8.

·
Registered
556 Posts
no not your electric blue.. im talking about that teal blue they make for the mazda lol my bad
mazdas are definately a girl car...

i hate that super bright, like sky blue

·
Registered
556 Posts
No offence taking by myself. Gotta call it like u see it.
I also own a lifted 87 gmc and hear it all the time that its a guys vehicle.. all well... Yellow cobalts are a girls car too. Hate seeing guys driving them.

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
No offence taking by myself. Gotta call it like u see it.
I also own a lifted 87 gmc and hear it all the time that its a guys vehicle.. all well... Yellow cobalts are a girls car too. Hate seeing guys driving them.
ill trade my fiancee's yellow cobalt for your 87 :p!! girls look badass in trucks

i feel like an idiot when we drive her car lol, had a buddy who a g5. fully loaded, heated leather seats, 5 speed.. it was slickk.. but it was yellow:bash:

·
Registered
556 Posts
ill trade my fiancee's yellow cobalt for your 87 :p!! girls look badass in trucks

i feel like an idiot when we drive her car lol, had a buddy who a g5. fully loaded, heated leather seats, 5 speed.. it was slickk.. but it was yellow:bash:

i had a white g5 fully loaded. traded it for my g6 :D

·
Registered
556 Posts
The g6 is sooo much better. Only thing I miss is being able to do a quick u-turn. Now its a 3 point turn around :(

·
Registered
556 Posts
Actually. There wasn't much for the g5, no aftermarket tail lights for one. And the steering was pretty good in the 5 but for the size of the 6, I think it handles pretty well. I live on winding backroads and I take the turns just as quick as I did in the 5 with ease.

Jocelyn

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
Actually. There wasn't much for the g5, no aftermarket tail lights for one. And the steering was pretty good in the 5 but for the size of the 6, I think it handles pretty well. I live on winding backroads and I take the turns just as quick as I did in the 5 with ease.

Jocelyn
i was going performance wise, with the turbo's and stuff.

i meant for the sharp turns or Uies! i agree i think the 6 handles extremely well for being so heavy and whatnot.

·
Registered
556 Posts
i was going performance wise, with the turbo's and stuff.

i meant for the sharp turns or Uies! i agree i think the 6 handles extremely well for being so heavy and whatnot.
Haha ya maybe as far as performance and uies it was a better car.

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sorry for the confusion...a friend is looking at buying my 6 or a rx8...ill be getting an suv or truck...going up north. yehaw...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts