1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
99 Posts
I hope to catch a glimpse of it myself if they have it at the North American Autoshow this year...if they do I'll have photos...that car looks sweet!! Maybe Adam will come by soon...he always seems to have the inside scoop on these things... :D

·
Banned
25 Posts
That's VERY VERY close ;)

Interior is going to be a bit different. But all the "rumors" that are floating are mostly true. GM hasn't hid this one as they're looking really to impress those that have been dogging the G6.

·
Registered
99 Posts
^I'm with you on this one the styling is OK but it would really perk my intrest if the production vehicle actually had 275 ponies(the more the better) and 6 speed manual....BTW Adam do you know is that GXP a NA engine or not? And what is the starting price going to be? ;)

·
Registered
532 Posts
I would enjoy the 275hp..however not in a FWD package...even the GTP with "magnasteering" (I believer thats the name) had too much trq steer for my taste. Should be an interesting car though.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The engine in this vehicle is similar to 3.6 DOHC used in current Cadillac CTS (and other vehicles). That one is rated at 255 HP so this one must be tweaked a bit.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Usually HO models just have 'revised heads' (probably just ported bowls) and a slightly better cam. They could easily meet the power levels they want.

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
S8ER99 said:
I would enjoy the 275hp..however not in a FWD package...even the GTP with "magnasteering" (I believer thats the name) had too much trq steer for my taste. Should be an interesting car though.
I am pushing 260hp and I have virtually no torque steer. :)

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
S8ER99 said:
Yeah, but the diference between 'virtually no' and 'none' are pretty large. Especially when you not used to it at all.
When you consider the GAGT stock is 175 hp/205 lb-ft tq. and my GAGT is pushing 260 hp/280 lb-ft tq., a little pull is to be expected. My car is not the strongest SC GAGT. There are a couple of SC GAGT's pushing in excess of 300hp. The torque steer I experience is very slight and considering the amount of hp, that is a credit to GM's suspension tuning of the GAGT. :)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Impressive... but even with the special steering in the GP GTP I felt enough trq steer for it to be annoying. I guess I would just rather have NONE. :) As they say..Different strokes....

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
S8ER99 said:
Impressive... but even with the special steering in the GP GTP I felt enough trq steer for it to be annoying. I guess I would just rather have NONE. :) As they say..Different strokes....
:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts