Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my car for an oil change after I drove away my Engine Check, Traction Control, and Stabilitrack Light all came on. The diagnostic test said I need a new intake air temperature sensor. Where is this located, I have looked all over the throttle body, intake hose, and air intake box and I still can't seem to find it. I can't understand why my traction control light and stabilitrack light is on too...

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Seems mighty fishy all that shit comes on after an oil change.

I know there are diff sensors for all those things.

get a code reader to see exactly what and how many codes are coming up. maybe clear them and see if they come back

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to the GM dealership and these are the codes that came up:

DTC P0113 Intake Air Temp. Sensor Failure

DTC C0561 Traction Control S/W Failure

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
On the P0113:
The IAT sensor is integrated into the Mass Air Flow sensor. Start looking at the connector for any backed out wires/terminals, corrosion with a light green color, broken wires. The ECM is seeing -38 degrees F for 15 seconds or more (exact details depend on which engine & what year) with the engine running & throwing the code. Since the IAT is part of the MAF it's supposed to warm up gradually as the heating elements in the MAF do. Make sure that there are 5 volts into the IAT and check that the circuit ground is also good. Just a starting point and it's easy enough to check, assuming you know how to do this. If not, then I suggest you head to your auto repair shop or dealer. There are pictures & a how-to-replace in the Chiltons G6 book if you want to DIY but you may throw a part at it only to find it was actually a wiring issue.

The C0561 indirectly resulted from the first code & will be resolved when you fix that one. The electronic brake control module disables traction control when other control modules set codes for components that effect the operation of the traction control system. The EBCM throws the C0561 to tell you that the problem is not in the ABS/Traction control system itself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, that is a lot of good information. I replaced the Mass Air Flow sensor since the IAT was an integrated part of it. I figured I could do that on my own. Still have a check engine light and I have drove it for quite a while now. So since it is not the MAF, I am guessing it is a wiring issue. I am going to have to take it to a garage and have them check to see if there are 5 volts going into it. Do they just check it with a volt meter? How do you suggest I go about doing this?

I am glad the traction control is not a seperate issue and is in relation to the IAT. The GM garage was trying to sell me a new traction control switch. Looks like they were trying to steal money out of my pocket.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Thank you, that is a lot of good information. I replaced the Mass Air Flow sensor since the IAT was an integrated part of it. I figured I could do that on my own. Still have a check engine light and I have drove it for quite a while now. So since it is not the MAF, I am guessing it is a wiring issue. I am going to have to take it to a garage and have them check to see if there are 5 volts going into it. Do they just check it with a volt meter? How do you suggest I go about doing this?
I'm curious. Who did the oil change just prior to the onset of these issues? It could be completely coincidental or maybe not. Maybe a wiring harness got in the way of the oil filter wrench.

For that code the PCM turns off the MIL after 3 consecutive ignition cycles that the diagnostic test runs and does not fail. So if your MIL is on after that, the problem isn't solved.

Unless you can read schematics & use a DMM & a short finder you've done all that you can on your own. The good news is, it sounds like it's not an intermittent issue which means it will be a lot easier to find the source.

·
Registered
638 Posts
if ur anywhere around SW michigan, i can help u

1 - 8 of 8 Posts