Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if this is the right place to put this, but i've looked around and it seems like the best place from a technical end...first things first, i own a 2008 G6 GXP, i've had it almost a year, crazy to think, and i've recently been playing around with the tap shift...any recommendations on shift points for the different gears, or should i just go by feel? i guess i'm trying to find more ways to have fun with my car with out going too fast, ha, ha...got my first speeding ticket in the GXP last week, and it's gonna hurt, ha, ha :( oh...and any truth to the rumors of overriding the governor by disabling traction control? the GXP maxes out at 115 :( ...luckily i found that out months ago, so that wasn't what i got caught at, ha, ha...i know the computer can be replaced, but i'm in a "smart buy" so...also any advantages to disabling the TC under normal driving conditions?

·
Premium Member
566 Posts

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I like playing around with the tap shifter. I find its the most fun on winding roads, do you have any there?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like playing around with the tap shifter. I find its the most fun on winding roads, do you have any there?
not many close by...everything is pretty straight around here...but, there are places out in "the country" so to speak that are a little more remote and fun to drive...i drove a little tonight and i noticed that with the TC off it definitely had a more aggressive feel to it and definitely launches nicer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.