Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I recently (Sept 09) Picked up a NEW 08' G6 GXP Street Edition in White Diamond Tricoat finish. I've been amazingly happy with it, even though it was the ONLY one in the state for a time (Now there is a black one running around, I'm in Wyoming) I'm amazed I got it as New, because it sat on the lot for a year before I came around to buy it.

Btw, It smokes a 08 Chevy Impala LTZ in both quarter mile and one mile.

But my question is, as I'm considering getting new wheels, and I haven't bothered to run out with a tape measure, what is the standard wheel and tire size on these? I don't want to go bigger, but rather, looking into a better grip tire that better suits my needs. And I found a great deal on American Racing rims in all sizes (Around 275 each after the 'i know the owner' discount)

I don't plan on racing this car (Beyond saying 'I told you so' to my husband and his Impala) But rather, it's more of a showy type car that I use for everyday commuting (All 5 miles).

Also, the, excuse me, 'women's transmission' (Yes, I am a woman) bothers the hell out of me. I'd give anything to have this same car in a standard transmission and a nice smooth clutch. It handles perfectly on ice and snow as is, but I'd love that little bit extra power without it downshifting on me automatically. I've already tried putting my left foot through the floorboard.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
you mean the bolt pattern???

Discount Tire is a vendor here with a section and they have AWESOME
wheels available....quite cheap too! Go to the forum menu and scroll down near the bottom. Post up in there and Travis will answer all your questions.

I wouldnt go larger than an 18" myself on a G6 as 19+ affects the ride quality.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just put some 20 x 8.5 inch rims on my GT. They bolted right on. Got them from performance plus tire online. THey say a 22 will fit but i would not go there.

·
his 07 vert/her 07 coupe
333 Posts
I have a foose 18x8.5 and 225/50/18 goodyear triple tread on my vert and they fit fine bolt right on.The tires handel nice and very quiet with 80,000 mile tred life but they are H rated tires and you might want a W/Z or a V rated tire for better handeling and a stiffer ride. I wanted comfert, handeling and an all weather tire so I only went from a T rated to H rated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts