Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

06 G6 Coupe GT W/ Autostart...140K Miles - 3.5L V6

Every morning i have trouble starting her up.. today i used my auto start and literally just heard it crank over and over...Once i got in the car, i cranked it with the key 2-3 times and it finally started...The battery is like new and the alternator is good. I had all that checked out a few days ago.. I ran seafoam through my gas on 3/4 tank and some seafoam in the motor oil to clean before i do an oil change. Did some reading and i heard its a common issue. How do i clean the throttle body on this G6? What else should i look for? When it starts up and drives, everything function/runs smooth but just the morning start is the worst, like choking the poor G6 lol .. All help is appreciated, please and thank you!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Check your air filter and try cleaning the maf sensor with maf sensor cleaner.
The throttle body is difficult to remove on the 3.5 I'd recommend just removing the intake duct and spraying some intake cleaner on a rag and wipe it down the best you can. You can push the plate open and do your best to clean it up.

There's videos on YouTube showing how to do it. Just make sure the car is completely off

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check your air filter and try cleaning the maf sensor with maf sensor cleaner.
The throttle body is difficult to remove on the 3.5 I'd recommend just removing the intake duct and spraying some intake cleaner on a rag and wipe it down the best you can. You can push the plate open and do your best to clean it up.

There's videos on YouTube showing how to do it. Just make sure the car is completely off
Wassup...

I cleaned my throttle body.. cleaned my MAF sensor and i replaced my air filter along with cleaning the ducts... Still has the issue with the 1st start in the morning.. Its like trying to crank over but if i hit the pedal a little then it starts right up.. Could it be spark plugs? What would be my next culprit to check? Please and thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spark plugs could be a problem, wires could be too with how many miles it has.
How has your mpg been?
I just bought this about a month ago so i havent really tracked my MPG ... I will change the plugs and wires next and see if that could resolve the issue

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
Get some chemtool and spray clean out the intake throttle body.

I do that every 50k miles or so and it make a huge diff

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
Also if it has 140k and the plugs were never changed then thats gonna be it.

They need to be changed at 100. Get the stock irrediums.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts