Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I bought my no frills G6 V6 I called my agent to see what insurance would cost. They came back at $550/6months which was decent. I found out that my agent didn't know the symbol code for the G6 because it was so new, so they rated it an 8 (the same as my bonneville). Yesterday I found out its supposed to be a symbol 12 (which is worse) and my insurance will be going up $200/year! :mad:

I talked to my mom (who has a 2006 G6 GT with every option) and hers is currently rated a symbol 12 but she only pays $300 or so every 6 months.

I'm curious what the rest of you pay.

FYI: I have a clean record! :cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I pay 180 a month but then again that is for 2 vehicles and my truck is insured with 5k in soundsystem relpacement and the rims are covered too. With a low deductable.

·
Registered
169 Posts
disposablehero said:
I pay 180 a month but then again that is for 2 vehicles and my truck is insured with 5k in soundsystem relpacement and the rims are covered too. With a low deductable.
Wow.

I pay that much for 4.

One is a GT, and one is a truck like yours (which is a sharp looking ride, BTW).
3 and 4 are a restored GP and a restored antique Chevy pickup insured for replacement value (currently $26,000).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah mine is pretty high but I have alot of extras on my insurance. The G6 made it jump way the hell up. Plus I have a speeding ticket of 105 in a 70 and 1 accident that comes off next month. I was going 129 but decided to slow down. The cop got me at 105 so I am lucky. I was in Cali and I was trying to keep up with some gangasts in a mustang. The cop got me and not them. Kinda sucks. But it was my fault and I drive like an old lady now. I was in my truck by the way and it is reprogramed.

Check it ou if you want
http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/811298
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/JL/12w6.4.wmv

·
Registered
268 Posts
I pay 230$ CND per month :mad:

300 dollar deductible (Witch is ass, I had a 50 dollar deductible in Manitoba)
2,000,000 third party.
Loss of use.

I have a discount coming next month and I'm switching companies for my comprehensive insurance tomorrow. So my next payment should be under 200 and after my first year with the car when they dump the replacement insurance it should be around 175.

The good thing about B.C. is the only thing that affects your insurance rates are accidents. Speeding tickets do nothing.

I miss Manitoba's fully government controlled insurance!!! That and accidents and speeding tickets have no effect on your insurance!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
i don't know the exact numbers off-hand, but i know going from my Saturn Ion Red Line to the G6 1SV is going to cost a little more every 6 months, not too much though, and i have a HORRIBLE driving record. it's ok though, because the DMV sent me a letter saying they MIGHT ( :rolleyes: ) take my lisence away if i meet the requirements. letter was a bit confusing, so i don't speed anymore!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I pay $265 every 6 mos for a '06 GTP coupe. My '04 Aztek costs more, $301 / 6mos. My old car, a 2003 GA SE , was $366, so the GTP is costing me less. I'm sure all the safety items played a part in the cost reduction, as well as the fact that I'm 52, married, kids on their own insurance, and no accidents or claims in the last 5 years. I have 100K/300K/50K limits, and a $250 deductible.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
golf_n_motorcycles said:
$420 every six months - divorced male, 33 years old, one total loss wreck about 10 years ago, no tickets (on file, anyway, lol).
That sounds about like the price I just got from progressive. From what I can tell, the prices vary a lot per state. I think MI has expensive insurance because we have such crappy winters and no fault.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
scsgoal31 said:
$1080/6mos

Gotta love being 21 :(

And no tickets/wrecks to boot.

When I was your age I went through a company called Grange Insurance. They probably have the best rates in MI for your age group. I used to pay like $630/6months on a brand new bonneville when I was that old.
Check em out.

·
Registered
532 Posts
500 deduct - 180 month.

I am set to hit 25 in a month and my renewel looks to have dropped to 118 a month just for January. Hopefully they stop raping my on insurance soon.

·
Registered
532 Posts
scsgoal31 said:
$1080/6mos

Gotta love being 21 :(

And no tickets/wrecks to boot.
Here is what I paid for insurance at your age...no tickets/no accidents.

4326.00 a year
Full Coverage, 500 Deduct on a 95 Z28. (this was in 2001)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
S8ER99 said:
Here is what I paid for insurance at your age...no tickets/no accidents.

4326.00 a year
Full Coverage, 500 Deduct on a 95 Z28. (this was in 2001)
WoW! Hope you used lube :agree2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Gotta love "how much do you pay for Insurance" threads. With different states/provences, Canada/USA, Private/Public insurance, Different companies, Different age groups, all makes for a whole accross the board range of differing payments.

But if it makes you wonder, We pay 1350$ Canadian$ A year for the GTP. This is with Goverment run Public insurance, 2,000,000$ liability, 200$ deductable.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm paying $940/6 mos with $1,000,000 liability, $300 deductables, GAP, etc..

This is with 2 tickets / 7 demerit points. MOT sent me a letter last year stating that if I got 2 more demerits, I would have to go in for an interview. I also have 1 not-at-fault claim going back to 2000 in my old Sunfire.

3 years ago, I was paying $400/mo on a 2000 GA GT!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts