Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I bought my no frills G6 V6 I called my agent to see what insurance would cost. They came back at $550/6months which was decent. I found out that my agent didn't know the symbol code for the G6 because it was so new, so they rated it an 8 (the same as my bonneville). Yesterday I found out its supposed to be a symbol 12 (which is worse) and my insurance will be going up $200/year! :mad:

I talked to my mom (who has a 2006 G6 GT with every option) and hers is currently rated a symbol 12 but she only pays $300 or so every 6 months.

I'm curious what the rest of you pay.

FYI: I have a clean record! :cool:

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
golf_n_motorcycles said:
$420 every six months - divorced male, 33 years old, one total loss wreck about 10 years ago, no tickets (on file, anyway, lol).
That sounds about like the price I just got from progressive. From what I can tell, the prices vary a lot per state. I think MI has expensive insurance because we have such crappy winters and no fault.

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
scsgoal31 said:
$1080/6mos

Gotta love being 21 :(

And no tickets/wrecks to boot.

When I was your age I went through a company called Grange Insurance. They probably have the best rates in MI for your age group. I used to pay like $630/6months on a brand new bonneville when I was that old.
Check em out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.