Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Explr1 said:
I love the Aztek, I even got a tent with it for free!!!
Little known fact:

The tent that is supplied with the Aztec was originally suppose to cover the VEHICLE so that the new owner wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen with it! :agree2:

....and now you know the REST of the story!

good DAY!

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Explr1 said:
Well, I ditched the G6 today for a 2005 Aztek! I got 17k for the 6 and bought the Aztec for 15k. I love the Aztek, I even got a tent with it for free!!!

Pic's taken at the dealership today with my V3
You have got to be kidding, right? :confused:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yup, it was my choice, and it's only ugly from the outside! It was either the Tek or a Vibe, which was a lot smaller. I love functional vehicles and this does it all with good gas milage to boot! I can't wait to get my Thule safari rack from my old Explorer on the roof. Then a Manik grill guard and a new set of PIAA's and BFG tires, this vehicle is going to look different for sure, but fun to use!!! I can carry a weeks worth of camping/fishing equipment and still have three people ride in total comfort. Hell, the center console doubles as a removable cooler!!! Mark my words, you will see, the more miles you put on your G6's the worse it will get, steering issues, chassis flex, wacky gauges, the list goes on, but I will not. Yes, the G6 looks nice and when new, drove beautifully, but the many negatives out weighed the few positives so it had to go.

·
Registered
72 Posts
In addition to our '06 GTP coupe, we also have a '04 Aztek in the same color as yours. We have over 50,000 miles on it now, and we love it. I hated the sight of it when we first got it, but this thing is so versatile, that ya gotta love it. And as an added bonus, I get to drive the GTP full time !

·
Registered
423 Posts
hey, i know i was raggin' on you about your choice of vehicles, but like some have said, you like it and that is what's important.

as for me, i like the Honda 'Element', so i guess to each his own, RIGHT?

(and it doesn't even come with a tent!)

·
Registered
235 Posts
G6Action said:
hey, i know i was raggin' on you about your choice of vehicles, but like some have said, you like it and that is what's important.

as for me, i like the Honda 'Element', so i guess to each his own, RIGHT?

(and it doesn't even come with a tent!)
Yes, to each his own!! My husband likes the Element as well, but as you can probably tell from other posts, I'm beginning to think there are not any vehicles that he doesn't like. I'm sure he'd love to have one of everything!! :D

Doesn't come with a tent, but can't you wash out the inside with a water hose? :D That would be great for when you're eating your subs!! :agree2:

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Haaa......I traded my 2003 Aztek in on my G6.
The Aztek drove like a dream. Real comfy too but I couldnt get over
the look on peoples faces when they saw it. It was like they smelled something bad.
I didnt have the tent attachment though. That center console will sure keep your drinks cold! ha haa

That bar in the middle of the back window (seam) always seemed to be in my way but other than that I liked it. The tailgate even had indentations to sit on it. :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.