Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
G6 Coupe Gt
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was driving for about 30 seconds after start up and everything electrical went haywire engine rpm went from 1500 to 200rpm up and down up and down then she died. tryed starting it again in ignition everything works go to start and nothing. 5 minutes later try to start and it starts go to put in drive and it dies.
havent been able to look at anything yet as its midnight but anyone have any ideas?? may it be a computer?

·
Registered
916 Posts
My car had something similar and it was the ground wire for the starter was loose so everytime i put the car and drive it woud just shut off. So when the engine would torq it would pull on the wire and the engine would shut off.
Who knows might be something similar to that.
But good thing your not driving on the hightway or merging into traffic.
I cant get over thinking how dangerous it is to have the engine shutt of for a loose ground wire.

·
G6 Coupe Gt
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok ill try that thanx. ya i dont think ill even feel gd about driving it because of this issue. seems pretty dangerous.

·
G6 Coupe Gt
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
starter cables are all tight fuzes are all good..??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just to narrow down some things...

Did any lights come on or flash at all on the instrument cluster, such as the engine light? Do you have access to a OBDII scan tool to check any codes? What year G6 do you have and how many miles are on it?

·
G6 Coupe Gt
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
everything electrical started flashing and turning off and on. its at the dealer now. it had 73000 on it. its a 06

·
G6 Coupe Gt
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so funny story. found what was wrong, i have the injen cai and the first mount on the intake was attached with a rubber add on mount which attaches to a ground stud and that stud snapped due to the movement of the engine i guess so three main grounds were not connected. So any one with the injen cai take that mount off and attach it with zipties on to the factory hole on the top of the fan housing.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.