Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Junior G6 Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, i just bought my g6 gtp conv. and i think this site definitely help me out when it comes to stuff related to the car :)

·
Junior G6 Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i am kinda disappointed with the fact that there are just few mods that can be done to the 3.9l engine to increase its power. practically impossible to put it over 300hp :(
correct me if i am wrong

·
Registered
441 Posts
Oh its possible, just costs a looot of $ - lots of your parts will be custom : ( What year is your GTP?

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Should of just bought a G8 then :p haha

·
Junior G6 Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GTP is 2006...
... should of but didnt have enough money haha ohh well i am satisfied with the G6 so far, especially if paint plan goes through (painting it in vista blue), gonna like my G6 even more :)
anyway, one question for all of you, how much($) is TOO MUCH to paint the whole car, and how cheap is too cheap?

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
anyway, one question for all of you, how much($) is TOO MUCH to paint the whole car, and how cheap is too cheap?
Painting your car should cost somewhere between $2,000 to $8,000 depending on how good you want it to look when you are done, how much prep work you do beforehand (debadging, removing chrome and trim, masking), how much body work is needed (dings & creases, any old accident damage?), and how far you are moving from the current to the new color (do they have to sand down to primer?), and assuming that you aren't doing anything too fancy. My brother had a custom paint job done on one of his cars about 15 years ago and it set him back $12,000, with him doing a lot of the work.

You can get a paint job for less than $2000, and you should toss a coin as to whether or not it will turn out OK. Not to say that you couldn't have problems with a more expensive job, but they are likely to fix any problems very quickly and without charging you more, unlike the cheap places.

~ MattInSoCal

·
07 Black GT Vert ♥
445 Posts
Welcome Menave from Fargo ND, you'll find some great tips and good reading on everything Pontiac G6.
We jus got our Black G6 Vert, and love it!
Jump in and take a ride, you're going to love the G6 Owners Club!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts