Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As was previously announced, the G6 Owners Club has been sold, and the transaction is now finalized. The new owners will be taking over shortly, and the site transfer has been initialized.

Kelly & I would like to thank you all for everything, it's been a fun few years. We wish the best of luck to the new owners, and we hope the G6OC forums are a success.

As of now Kelly and I are no longer responsible for the website & forums. Any changes to the site are now beyond our control. Please direct any questions concerns and concerns to the new owners, who should be making themselves known shortly.

Thanks once again!
Shawn & Kelly

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I know they've been busy, but I too hope they'll make some progress soon. I'd really like to see this site take off. :)

Until then, it's business as usual. Keep posting here like you always have. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Kilcher, my take on this seems to be a little different than yours. What I see here is an opportunity for folks like us to network, make friends and enjoy our vehicles a little more. I'd assume running a site like this takes a lot of time along with some cash outlay. Someone out there is kind enough to offer this to us and I for one appreciate it very much. If the site is going to be run similar to way that it was run before then it is and always has been up to us, the members, to make it a success. "Whoa There has left the soapbox".

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kilcher said:
Yeah, and in the meantime they've left everyone thinking that it was going to shut down so they've all left for other sites. Oh well, guess maybe I'll join them.
Sorry, that's because it was going to be shut down. I guess I figured you guys would like a little notice, rather than us just pulling the plug. When the right offer to take over the site came along at the very last minute we changed our minds to keep this site open for you. Shame on us. :)

We have been talking with the new owners, and they are busy with an office relocation. I too hope they'll step up soon. However, as WhoaThereBigFella said so well, it's up to you guys to keep the site active. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
sunrunner_pei said:
Sorry, that's because it was going to be shut down. I guess I figured you guys would like a little notice, rather than us just pulling the plug. When the right offer to take over the site came along at the very last minute we changed our minds to keep this site open for you. Shame on us. :)
That's not at all what I'm saying. I understand the site was going to be shut down and that someone agreed to take it over. I'm not criticizing you at all, or not intending to anyway. I just think it's a shame no one stepped in to say what their plans were with the site. No one e-mailed the members to let them know they can (and should) stick around. No one did anything. And everyone left. I just don't understand why someone would take it over and then not do anything with it. It's just kind of a bummer, that's all.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kilcher said:
That's not at all what I'm saying. I understand the site was going to be shut down and that someone agreed to take it over. I'm not criticizing you at all, or not intending to anyway. I just think it's a shame no one stepped in to say what their plans were with the site. No one e-mailed the members to let them know they can (and should) stick around. No one did anything. And everyone left. I just don't understand why someone would take it over and then not do anything with it. It's just kind of a bummer, that's all.
Ahhh, I get ya. :) I did originally misunderstand you.

I do understand what you're saying, and I don't disagree with you. Believe me, if I thought it was my place to do so, I'd be sending the notice out myself. But this isn't my site anymore. All I can offer is that the new owners appear to be quite reputable, and they have made successes out of many other forums. I sincerely hope that when they get their affairs in order that they take over the site and make it what I had hoped it would become from the beginning. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys. We are now here and will be working at a rampant pace trying to get this site updated with new software, features and letting it grow into the community that I know everyone hoped it would blossom into.

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys. We are now here and will be working at a rampant pace trying to get this site updated with new software, features and letting it grow into the community that I know everyone hoped it would blossom into.
I was beginning to think the site was abandoned. It's good to know that improvements are in the works.:)

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Excellent! I see you're already off to a good start, with the forum software upgrades and moving the site to your own servers. :) Anything else in store?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sale of G6OC

I just bought my 2005 G6 GT yesterday, and stubled across the site looking for mods to make my ride more unique. Have to say you guys did a bang up job prior to selling the site.

Looking forward to getting more help from the guys here in the future.

:beer::beer::beer:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts