Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Oh you poor guy!

Have any bullets go through your house yet? :p

I'm in Mississauga, my gf is in Scarberia.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
TLS2000 said:
Oh you poor guy!

Have any bullets go through your house yet? :p

I'm in Mississauga, my gf is in Scarberia.
Brampton and Mississauga are not bullet riddled?!

I'm from Scarborough. In an area that has frequent shootings/gang violence and arrests :(
But what you gonna do... everywhere you go it's basically the same unless you go 1 or 2 hour drive north of Toronto.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
I never mentioned Brampton. ;)

Brampton is worse than Scarborough, from what I've seen. I worked in Brampton for five years, and in that time I saw a lot of gang activity. Someone I know was a friend of someone that got murdered. I also remember a few years ago that someone got murdered by a gunshot through their front door because the person with the gun didn't like the way that she was driving.

You don't hear of many shootings in Mississauga. It does happen, but not nearly at the frequency that it happens in Scarborough/Etobicoke/Brampton. Our thugs use knives and baseball bats. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
It's funny to hear you Canadians talk about this. Stuff like this is in every major city in the US and people have the no big deal mentality about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TLS2000 said:
I never mentioned Brampton. ;)

Brampton is worse than Scarborough, from what I've seen. I worked in Brampton for five years, and in that time I saw a lot of gang activity. Someone I know was a friend of someone that got murdered. I also remember a few years ago that someone got murdered by a gunshot through their front door because the person with the gun didn't like the way that she was driving.

You don't hear of many shootings in Mississauga. It does happen, but not nearly at the frequency that it happens in Scarborough/Etobicoke/Brampton. Our thugs use knives and baseball bats. :D
Brampton !! I never heard anything bad about brampton !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
branderson said:
It's funny to hear you Canadians talk about this. Stuff like this is in every major city in the US and people have the no big deal mentality about it.
In case you didn't know, Canadian gun law is just a tiny bit different than American gun law.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
G6Boi said:
In case you didn't know, Canadian gun law is just a tiny bit different than American gun law.
True. Naturally, your southern neighbors are led to believe with your gun laws, that you wouldn't have that kind of stuff up north. I guess the news just leaves all that stuff out, eh?

BTW...it's simply nonsense that every major city in America is plagued by that type of behavior. Stay away from the east and west coasts (and Detroit, of course) and you won't see very much of it at all. The news people really like to play it up out here in middle America, but we actually have very little when taken as a per capita value (i.e.: 1 instance per 100,000 population).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
otcpharm said:
True. Naturally, your southern neighbors are led to believe with your gun laws, that you wouldn't have that kind of stuff up north. I guess the news just leaves all that stuff out, eh?

BTW...it's simply nonsense that every major city in America is plagued by that type of behavior. Stay away from the east and west coasts (and Detroit, of course) and you won't see very much of it at all. The news people really like to play it up out here in middle America, but we actually have very little when taken as a per capita value (i.e.: 1 instance per 100,000 population).
Not in Indianpolis at least. There are usually at least 100 murders a year, think a few years ago it was 200. And I don't think that is anywhere close to the top compared to other cities.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
branderson said:
Not in Indianpolis at least. There are usually at least 100 murders a year, think a few years ago it was 200. And I don't think that is anywhere close to the top compared to other cities.
100? That's a pretty low per capita murder rate, considering the size of Indianapolis.

Think more midwest and you'll get even lower numbers -- even though the number of guns (per capita) goes up alarmingly.

But I think we're hijacking this thread. :eek: It started out with a Canadian looking for other local G6ers.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top