Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't GM test these roofs before they put them into production???
It rattles like an old Model T Ford. Does anyone have a solution, Gm dealer dealer said there was no adjustment in them. Is that True???
Thanks

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Thanks, looked through it and the fixes looked kinda difficult. Will Pontiac do the fixes under warranty?
If you're still under the 36 month/36,000 mi warrenty they should do it. If you bought an extended plan from GM, you should be okay. Don't know if third party warrenties will cover it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the Help!!

Fortunately it is under the 3 year warranty, we are gonna take it in next week. Will post whether it is fixed or not!!!
Thanks for the info!!

If you're still under the 36 month/36,000 mi warrenty they should do it. If you bought an extended plan from GM, you should be okay. Don't know if third party warrenties will cover it.

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Just to give a positive experience in all this, my neighbor with the white G6 has the pano roof and I asked him about his, given the troubles mentioned on here, and he said he hasn't had any mechanical issues, just that it's a little noisy (wind) but liveable :)

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
I think they are awesome but a PITA. When I ordered my car back on 05 I thought I had ordered it. WHen it came in it was the regular sunroof and I was like WTF!!!

We went back to the paperwork and the guy messed up and thought I wanted the regular sunroof and I had signed it so I missed it to.

Soooo they wanted to make me happy so they were gonna order another or find one but then I discovered that the Pano was a $1400 (if I remember correctly- as its been a few years lol) option and they said they didnt charge me that....so Im sitting there in the office looking out the window at this gorgeous G6 and thought SCREW THAT and my mouth just said "nevermind...Ill take the regular sunroof" and pointed at my car.

I still think Pano's are HOT!!!

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I have the rattling noise more than anything. It's not noticable unless I don't have the radio on, which is almost never. But I do plan on getting it fixed eventually, unless the extended warrenty thing I bought doesn't cover it, then I'll just live with it:rolleyes:

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
haha droptop!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just to throw in my 2 cents, I also have a pano roof - t'was the main reason for buying that option (aside from the video that introduced it):
I've not experienced any of the aforementioned problems to my roof. I open it when the weather permits & prior to my warranty expiring, I had the dealership lube the track. Hope this helps someone... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Strangely, ever since it cooled down to the 70s from the 90s it hasn't been rattling near as much. So if I took it to the dealer now they would of course not be able to reproduce it and I'd be out a day without the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just an Update, Thank you all for your response, but thanks to KB-G6 for the solution. Took the bulletin to the Pontiac Dealer, they kept the car 3 days, but it quiet as can be now!!

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Hopefully it will be a permanent fix. Alot of people that had the procedure done to the pano roof said it eventually came back. Hopefully your will stay fixed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the help, i deff going to be taking all that information into my dealer and see if they will finally do something, this will only be the 6+ time that i have takin it in for the same thing... Let hope that this will now do something.. Thanks guys

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pano sunroof stuck....

My panoramic sunroof is stuck shut (only after being stuck open for a bit...). It wasn't opening properly for a while and I had to manually pop the first tile up before the rest would slide back. I figured it just needed to be lubricated but even after lubricating it, the first panel wouldn't pop up. Then the back panel started sticking but when I went around to the back and gave it a little help it would pop up and work fine... Then one day I had it open and went to close it and it started to close then opened itself back up. After playing with it for a little while it finally shut... on the weather seal. So now the weather seal is stuck under the back panel and it won't go all the way down. Its still leak proof, just the panel sticks up a few cm. After that happened, I haven't been able to get it back open. It tries to open (it makes noises) but then it doesn't. I've tried helping it a little by pushing up the first panel like I normally do but its sticking really hard and I don't want to break it... Any suggestions?

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
My panoramic sunroof is stuck shut (only after being stuck open for a bit...). It wasn't opening properly for a while and I had to manually pop the first tile up before the rest would slide back. I figured it just needed to be lubricated but even after lubricating it, the first panel wouldn't pop up. Then the back panel started sticking but when I went around to the back and gave it a little help it would pop up and work fine... Then one day I had it open and went to close it and it started to close then opened itself back up. After playing with it for a little while it finally shut... on the weather seal. So now the weather seal is stuck under the back panel and it won't go all the way down. Its still leak proof, just the panel sticks up a few cm. After that happened, I haven't been able to get it back open. It tries to open (it makes noises) but then it doesn't. I've tried helping it a little by pushing up the first panel like I normally do but its sticking really hard and I don't want to break it... Any suggestions?
Ya.. go to the dealer.
If its giving you that much of a problem, i would rather pay to get it fixed, then pay for a new one.

Or... just live without the sunroof and pretend that you just have a glasstop car.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.