Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I browsed the forum a bit, and used the search function and couldn't come up with anything, but if I missed something please let me know... as for my problem.

Recently I had a little incident and broke my passenger side power mirror, small scratch on the outside but broke the mirror and power mechanism connected to the mirror, really only thing holding the mirror to my car is the power supply. Looking behind the mirror, and small section of the wire harness leading into the door panel I'm not noticing any way to disconnect the power supply so I can replace it. Does anyone know if the wires need to be spliced and reconnected to a whole new unit? or is there a power connector in the door panel which I can easily plug and play. I don't really feel like taking the door panel off as for me that always leads to unwanted squeaks and noises. One other possibility I can think of is just replacing the mirror part instead of the whole unit, but once again I don't know if this can be done. Any help is greatly appreciated, and I thank you all in advance.

-Nate

·
Registered
585 Posts
If there is a connector somewhere, it's probably in the door panel, i'm not sure if there is one though. If you don't want to remove the panel to look, i would suggest just cutting the wires, and using electrical wire crimps, it's almost as good as new.

·
Registered
465 Posts
In most cases the connector will be located inside the door panel. Taking the door panel off may cause some noises, squeaks, or moisture and water leakage problems if you don't do it properly, but at least the mirror unit will be replaced and the fix is permanent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts