Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a few problems with my 2005 G6 and was wondering if everyone else was having the same problems. I'd also like to know if I should expect to have any further problems with my G6. The problems are unusal. I wasn't expecting to run into these problems at all.

1) the paint is wearing quickly. Lots of very small chips on the hood and grill. I do a lot of freeway driving and the dealership says this is "road rash", but I think it is too much to be this. I think it is a poor paint job. I love my G6 and want to keep it looking beautiful, but I think this may be just a dream.

2) the radio reception (not XM), is poor. I have the upgraded model and it still has poor reception. Dealer couldn't find any answer

3) brakes needed new rotors at 35,000 miles on the back brakes. The front brakes lasted until 86,000 miles, although they needed new pads at 35,000.

4) door sensors are going bad. the right has failed twice now I think. The driver door is bad now. The door sensors tell the computer system that a door is ajar (it isn't). They also control the door lock. The passenger door locked and could not be unlocked. The dome lights stay on. Real pain.

5) the pananoramic roof is awesome! Yes, it is a bit noisy, but this can be adjusted. They (the dealership) do need to know how to do this. The third time at the dealership, they called the vendor and they came out and told them how to adjust the roof. The noise was much quieter after that.

6) windshield wipers have to be replaced at the dealership at $25 each. you can't buy these at the auto parts store.

I love my G6. Just wish it wasn't so expensive to maintain.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
I've had a few problems with my 2005 G6 and was wondering if everyone else was having the same problems. I'd also like to know if I should expect to have any further problems with my G6. The problems are unusal. I wasn't expecting to run into these problems at all.

1) the paint is wearing quickly. Lots of very small chips on the hood and grill. I do a lot of freeway driving and the dealership says this is "road rash", but I think it is too much to be this. I think it is a poor paint job. I love my G6 and want to keep it looking beautiful, but I think this may be just a dream.

Ok....orange peel is normal in this factory paint but this is the first Ive heard
of poor- as in paint coming off. You sure you wernt behind a gravel hauler?

2) the radio reception (not XM), is poor. I have the upgraded model and it still has poor reception. Dealer couldn't find any answer

If you have metal window tint you will kill your reception as the antenna is in the back glass. Sometimes there is a short in the Power radio antenna module. Its about a $14 part. Part number is 10375770.

3) brakes needed new rotors at 35,000 miles on the back brakes. The front brakes lasted until 86,000 miles, although they needed new pads at 35,000.

Wow...your ahead of the curve. Mine got a total replacement about 45k miles. Its normal for a middle of the line GM product...sigh....

4) door sensors are going bad. the right has failed twice now I think. The driver door is bad now. The door sensors tell the computer system that a door is ajar (it isn't). They also control the door lock. The passenger door locked and could not be unlocked. The dome lights stay on. Real pain.

Never had any issues like that. Is your car in freezing temps allot?

5) the pananoramic roof is awesome! Yes, it is a bit noisy, but this can be adjusted. They (the dealership) do need to know how to do this. The third time at the dealership, they called the vendor and they came out and told them how to adjust the roof. The noise was much quieter after that.

Panos are plauged with problems...hence their discontinuance. Super cool...
but a super pain.

6) windshield wipers have to be replaced at the dealership at $25 each. you can't buy these at the auto parts store.

now now.....They are about $12-15 each at any of your auto stores.
Look for Rain -X Latitudes or the Trico NEOFORM or the Trico Exactfits.
I use the:
TRICO Part # 2113 {Exact Fit Blade - 21" (525mm), Pinch Tab}
Right, Exact Fit Blade

TRICO Part # 2413 {Exact Fit Blade - 24" (600mm), Pinch Tab}
Left, Exact Fit Blade

Last I looked they were about $13 each.

I love mine toooooo.

·
Break My Wallet Tech
77 Posts

Talk to the people that have to pay out of pocket for a oil change at BMW...$142 on a 335i ( a bad a$$ car though!)

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Talk to the people that have to pay out of pocket for a oil change at BMW...$142 on a 335i ( a bad a$$ car though!)
Hell if they can afford a Beamer I think they can afford it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seriously, last time I purchased windshield wipers, they were not avaialbe for the 2005 G6 model at any local parts store. I checked several. I went to the dealership and their pasrts store had them listed at $25 each. They agreed this was too much money and knocked it down by $5. So I spent $40 for a new set of blades.

I glad to hear that they are now available at parts store and are now reasonable.

Thanks for replying. I appreciated your response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.