Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone have some comments to GM on what they want to see on the next G6?

For me:

- 3-spoke steering wheel radio control needs AM/FM/CD button
- Immediate fuel consupmtion in DIC
- Black chromed headlights as shown in G6 GMA SEMA and Roush G6 concepts
- MP3 CD playing capability, preferably capability to read off DVDs as well
- Heated Mirrors
- Spoiler delete option
- Glowing red G6 logo on instrument cluster (I think 05s have it, but then it's gone on 06)
- Express-up window switch and express-close sunroof switch
- Honeycomb pattern in taillights
- Body coloured side mirrors

I guess that's so far for me...

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
A 3.6L DOHC V6 with at least 275 HP. ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
ToniCipriani said:
- Glowing red G6 logo on instrument cluster (I think 05s have it, but then it's gone on 06)
no they don't.

and i wish for factory installed bluetooth capabilities.

and the next gen of delphi radios that have the external auxilary input jack

·
Registered
107 Posts
Personally my biggest complaint is that to get the sunroof you have to get the premium package (or whatever it's called). I wanted the sunroof but not the 6-CD changer. I change CDs too often to want the hassle of a 6-CD changer.

An auxiliary input would be nice too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
- Mute button on the 3-spoke steering wheel.
- Fold flat front passenger seat like the Malibu.
- A medium gray color option for the interior.
- TapShift available on all models.
- Available leather and fog lamps on 4-cylender models.
- Available XM Radio on 4-cylender models.
- Heated washer fluid.
- Bigger glove box that'll fit the folder of owners/warranty manuals the dealer gives you.
- Standard front reading lights without requiring the sunroof, and rear reading lights that even my Pursuit had!
- OnStar on the 4-cylender.

·
Registered
557 Posts
-HID headlights
-Manual transmissions across the board
-A version packing closer to 300HP
-A smaller package closer to the Grand Am's size
-Modern automatic transmissions
-Navigation system
-Leather wrap for the steering wheel and shift knob on cars with cloth seats!!
-The 2.0 turbo from the Solstice GXP in a coupe would be pretty fun, but now I'm really dreaming!

·
Registered
122 Posts
g6 wishlist

engine over 300 hp
heated mirrors
dual heater/ac for pass/driver
power pass seat
source on steering wheel-like the 4 spoke wheel had
tap shift
more leather in interior
like the seats-but want more lateral support(especially if 300 + hp)
g6 floor mats
probably think of more later-

·
Registered
199 Posts
8way power seats standard on both sides.
electric lumbar support
2 line display for DIC on base models
autotint rearview mirror
chrome all the way around side windows..not just bottom
fix the annoying rattles
fix overstart issue
deeper exhaust note
bigger front roters
perhaps an AWD model.
more ridged body to reduce flex
lower front grill painted to match body along with mirrors.
and of course 275+ hp with over 26mpg highway

·
Registered
39 Posts
All these things would be great additions...if they all performed properly, yet would you be willing to pay $30,000+ for a G6? Thats what they do with these cars...consumers want them cheaper, so thats what they do and we end up with the multiple lists of problems....just my two cents. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
557 Posts
^ Some of these things would cost very little to add, and many competitors already offer them at similar prices. Accord, Camry, Altima, and Mazda 6 all have navigation systems avalible. Mazda and the Altima also offer HID's. Every competitor has a leather wrapped steering wheel on the midrange model with cloth seats. The Accord offers auto up windows. The 2007 Camry and Altima have more power out of their V6's. Manual transmissions in the 4 cylinder models are universally offered. I could go on all day about this. Some areas where the G6 really stands out are in the convertible model, panoramic roof, remote start, OnStar, and power pedals.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You can get the leather wrapped steering wheel on any model... my base model 4-cylender has leather wrapped steering wheel, shifter and handbrake.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You should have been able to get it on the 2005's as well as I don't think the package bundling has changed any from what I see in the dealer order group books for 05/06. For 2006, the 4-Cyl/V6 need to have the Driver's Package for leather steering wheel, I'm not sure what the deal is on the GT though? Do you have steering wheel audio controls on yours?

·
Registered
485 Posts
In addition to the above, I would like:

An automatic transmission with at least 5 speeds. The new Fusion already has a 6 speed auto and we get stuck with only 4 ?

Tire pressure monitor would be nice. The old Grand Am/Alero had it.

Interior cabin filter.

Better quality and workmenship. Uneven gaps, flimsy materials, cheap paint, plastics, and other parts are abundant throughout the car.

More power for the 3.5 V6. I am sick of keep losing to the Accords, Camrys, Altimas, and most other V6s on the road.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The G6 will have a 6 speed auto I believe mid-MY2007. GM is just setting up the production of it's mass produced A6's now.

I thought that we did have a tire pressure monitor. I could be wrong, but I thought that they were mandated by the NHTSA after that whole Ford Exploder thing.

Cabin filter would be nice, but it's not necessary

Workmanship and quality have gone up from what I can see. I have one minor gripe on the fit and finish of my car, which will be addressed by the dealership this week.

The 3.5l doesn't need more power. If you don't like the power of the 3.5l, get the 3.9l, instead.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought the cabin filter is already standard. I remember going through the catalog when I got my car it had it.

As for heated winshield washer fluid, not sure if it's really necessary. The tubes right now run through the hood. With the heat of the engine, I'd say it's "heated" already. So far I've been through some freezing rain and frozen nozzles wasn't such an issue for me compared to my Cavalier with the nozzles on the wipers.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My Wish List For The Gtp Coupe:

Rear Wheel Drive!!!!!!!
Chrome Door Handles
Chrome Side Window Mouldings
300 Hp 3.9
Cable Throttle Linkage
Standard Functional Ram Air Hood
Rear Spoiler
Factory Chrome Wheels
Heated Mirrors
Body Colored Mirrors
No Body Side Moulding
Power Passenger Seat
Oil And Volt Gauges
Real Coupe Rear Windows That Are Functional With No Pillar.

·
Registered
140 Posts
ToniCipriani said:
As for heated winshield washer fluid, not sure if it's really necessary. The tubes right now run through the hood. With the heat of the engine, I'd say it's "heated" already. So far I've been through some freezing rain and frozen nozzles wasn't such an issue for me compared to my Cavalier with the nozzles on the wipers.
Heated washer fluid isn't for frozen nozzles. It's to melt ice on the windshield. If you get an ice buildup on the windshield, heated washer fluid will cut through it in no time.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts