Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I obtained a Polk Audio DB212-2 Ported box with subs and I dont fedl comfortable leaving them on my backseat over night until I get a box built this weekend... but if I could get it to fit in there (right) I would keep that box because it sounds good. Has anyone had success getting this in there? I hsve it there now and its gonna be real difficult getting it out... the subs are facing up and overall it looks like trash the way its put together.. so if anyone has a solution on how to do so, let me know.. I was thinking standing it up and going one side at a time but I didnt try it yet.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Theres no real way for anyone to help you unless you just go for it. Theres only two ways it could go in. Through the trunk or from inside. Good luck! :beer:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Theres no real way for anyone to help you unless you just go for it. Theres only two ways it could go in. Through the trunk or from inside. Good luck! :beer:
Well I got it in there... the subs and port are facing upwards... I am about to go to my buddys house and try to get it right.. will post pics later

first pic is when I had it in back seat...

Second pic is what it looks like now in the trunk facing upwards.

Attachments

·
Legend
782 Posts
I would try and get it facing either forward or towards the trunk. Facing upward its not gonna sound as good and vibrate the shit out of everything. You can take the floor mat out so you can maneuver the box better then slide the mat back under it once its right. I had to do that when I had a 15 and a super tight fit. I would try to face them forward. That would probably sound the best and cause the least vibrations from the trunk.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh I know facing upwards would sound awful and look awful.. good news is I got it in there, facing the rear, and boy does it sound good. Ill get some pics of it when I go to the store. It was flexing my windshield haha.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There it is.. I had to take grills and subs out then reconnect them in the trunk.. tested it out and I shook my mirror off the window and my windshield was flexing.. ill get a video some time.. but it sounds great

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts