Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car : 2008 G6, 3.5L v6, Normal / standard floor shifter assy (no sport shift)
Problem: Need to replace the floor shifter assy.

Just wondering if the shifter assy on G6's are the same or did they change them year to year.

For instance, will the shifter assy. form a 2007 fit in a 2008? By the pictures I have seen they all look the same, just want to double check with some one first incase they have ran into this already.

Also, I have the GM instructions to remove the center console, Umm...:confused: Any tips or tricks with out breaking everything and the tabs to replace the shifter assembly, e-brake, ect?

Thank you

Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I will have to call a couple more. I email 2 places and call one, all replied with the same thing " Im not 100% sure, daa, daa..." LOL!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Ok, I will have to call a couple more. I email 2 places and call one, all replied with the same thing " Im not 100% sure, daa, daa..." LOL!
That is likely what most places will say. Best chance for a correct answer is to ask a dealership service tech. They will be able to compare part numbers

·
Storm Trooper
323 Posts
Another thing you should do is check your trans code and see if you cant swap in the shiftable assembly. it was a topic years ago but no one ever followed through with it. i want to do it but just dont see putting any more money in to the slushbox, lol.

However in your situation, if you need to replace, why not upgrade?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts