Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Teh Hottness
133 Posts
In dash changer thats pretty cool stuff. Im sure it will have a pretty good stock system though. Is it gonna have onstar or any cool do-dads like that

·
Registered
99 Posts
Its funny I could just go down to the dealer and find out...I saw some at the Troy Motor Mall the other day...I didn't have time to go look...but I could possibly do it on Monday... ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm sure it'll be good, whatever it is

·
Registered
99 Posts
I went to the Pontiac website...this is what I found...the colomn on the left is the base G6 the one on the right is the G6-GT... ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
wow 8 speakers in a car from the factory built by gm i think they are stepping up in the world

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the 2004 Monsoon in my GA it plays MP-3's (when it wants too)...and sounds GREAT for a stock system...I believe it sounds better then my buddies GTO which has the Blaupunkt system.

The Monsoon in my GA said 8 speakers as well...be carefull...they consider the 6x9 in the back as two speakers one woofer and one tweeter for each. ;)

You have to remember ALL car companies will try to over-sell thier product(i.e. knowing full well the normal warket person is not going to consider 1 6x9 with a woofer and a tweeter as two speakers).

Ok i'm off the soap box nowLOL :D

·
Registered
532 Posts
Mine came with the 6 speaker, 6 disc changer, driver info, etc.. pretty nice for a stock system. Monsoon sounds like ass IMHO and I have yet to be impressed so I guess no big loss there. The stocker does alright, sounds pretty clear and the auto adjust works rather well.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had the normal sound system and it left a lot to be desired, especially for clarity. If you listen to loud rock, then no problem (lots of thump, thump), but anything else was not clear.

·
Registered
532 Posts
If you are used to GM and Ford sound systems...I think it sounds pretty good. :) Coming from a Bose 5 speaker.. I agree its not the best ..but you get what you pay for ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got the 8 speaker system, with cd changer, and information. I'm liking it, specs at 200 watts I believe, and sounds nice no matter what I play. Picked up my car this past Saturday, GT with all the options but xm radio, black with leather interior. Traded in my 99 Grand Am GT and the difference between these two cars is like night and day to me.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hey have you figured out how to integrate the cell phone thing yet?? There is a feature icon on the display..but I cant seem to find any way of hooking it up. I also have a tiny microphone where the front interior lights are.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts