Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
G6 Tiger Crab

This task was a pain the ass but hey whats the fun with no challenge?? The scoop needs painting still.

Here it is! PS; it works great!

Engine compartment needs a little TLC with cleanliness:eek:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Cool

Hey that looks pretty good, probably would be quite effective too. Do you have a CAB to go with it too? (You refer to it as a Tiger "Grab", are you worried about copyright or a patent infringement? LOL! As far as I knew the first one on Lampoons car was called the Tiger Crab.) Anyways I also was going to make a Tiger Crab or something similar if I ever got a CAI but I was worried about snow, Lampoon suggested that I put it through to the front grill instead but I kinda lost interest as I still haven't even got a CAI yet.

You should take a few more pics of the project in its entirety just to see it a little more in perspective. Keep it up, your car looks really good.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hey that looks pretty good, probably would be quite effective too. Do you have a CAB to go with it too? (You refer to it as a Tiger "Grab", are you worried about copyright or a patent infringement? LOL! As far as I knew the first one on Lampoons car was called the Tiger Crab.) Anyways I also was going to make a Tiger Crab or something similar if I ever got a CAI but I was worried about snow, Lampoon suggested that I put it through to the front grill instead but I kinda lost interest as I still haven't even got a CAI yet.

You should take a few more pics of the project in its entirety just to see it a little more in perspective. Keep it up, your car looks really good.
Well if pooners had a problem with copyright issues im sure he wouldnt post the steps on how to do it. I think as long as i dont sell it he will be fine with it. Besides, i used different parts, but same idea. Also i fabricated my own scoop; I didnt use his "blueprint".

He should definatly sell a kit to G6ers for this snorkle invention and call it the "G6 Crab Scoop" lol

As far as snow and rain there should be no problem. If snow plugs it up then it does. If rain gets in there it has almost a foot and a half travel to the top. Even if it does get to the CAI it wont be enough to hurt anything...unless you drive in foot deep puddles and haulin ass through them.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
TITLE CORRECTION!!! lol

Wasnt it fun to do though....????

I drove in hurricaine Ike's rain and puddles etc and didnt have one problem.
Its not a direct connection to your intake with the cab. It funnels to the "box"
and the box is not air tight so water can run out the bottom of it. Your air is still filtered. The filter is cantered and the bottom air access is at the front of the quarter. Sooooo unless your in 3 foot of water you should be fine. :cool:

Of course all disclaimers apply....IM NOT RESPONSIBLE for whatever you do! :blah:

AWESOME JOB!!!!

I used these to have the vinyl made. Just measure the sides.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Wow our scoops have almost the exact measurements lol. I tried making it as big as possible and "shallow" as possible so i would maximize air channeling and be able to drive around without it scraping the pavement.

After completion i was happy with it. Took forever though but it was definatley worth it and it worked out great. Total parts cost was 2 drain covers, metal roofing sheeting for the scoop and the snorkel which was about $16 for everything. (i already had 4" pvc)

I temporarly used dryer vent duct until my snorkel came in. Still need to exchange that out when i get my crabs setup :eek:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know im doing something similar to my wifes KIA:D

I tested the dryer hose in my car and it worked so im using it on her car. Then im fabricating my own CAB for her intake. It will be soooo much fun:rolleyes:

BTW, she loves her new catback! Its 2" pipe w/ resonator and a turbo muffler. Makes noise but its so quiet you barley notice! Good stuff!

I'll even post up some pics when im done with her kia.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have fun with your wife's car.....I do the same thing!! lol

I cut up my wifes quarter panels a few weeks back. lol
Ya she already has her own catback and intake lol

Im making an air box to cut off the engine heat from the intake. There is a 2.5" hole in the quarterpanel that i need to cut into 4" to fit the drain cover!

I dont think i will have to snorkel air to the air box because the way the car is built it already "funnels" air through the 2.5" hole in the quarter. (which i included in my airbox so only cold air gets in the box)

Its a lot more work than i planned for but hey i like doing it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.