Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 06 GT on lease...want to trade it in early...My buy-out is 14,800 & 6 more payments of 289.00 Kally, NADA & Edmunds all say my trade is only worth 10,000. I will be over at least on mileage 6000 miles & I have appx 500. in touch up of scratches (aholes that bang door on mine in parking lot) What should I do????????? I'm at least 6 grand upsid down!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got a 06 GT on lease...want to trade it in early...My buy-out is 14,800 & 6 more payments of 289.00 Kally, NADA & Edmunds all say my trade is only worth 10,000. I will be over at least on mileage 6000 miles & I have appx 500. in touch up of scratches (aholes that bang door on mine in parking lot) What should I do????????? I'm at least 6 grand upsid down!
Well the scratches might not be chargeable, they only hit you for dings and scratches bigger than a credit card usually.

As for mileage, can't help you there sorry. I had the same problem with my last lease and I learned a valuable lesson, don't FLEECE (lease) cars. So now I buy now.

You will be able to use GM's pull ahead and they will pay the last two payments when you get closer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
upside down trade in

Hi,
I just traded my 05 Neon SXT for my new 08 G6. I was $8500 upside down! The only way I was able to hide my neg equity was buying a car that was selling for below blue book. I was able to keep my payment the same. I absolutely love my new G6...
My advise to you is to take advantage of the cash back rebates that GM is offering right now. Go to edmunds.com and check out all of the manufactures rebates. Then, if you have atleast $1500 down, w/ good credit you should be able to trade.
I bought my G6 for only $10,800 because it was a "program vehicle". It had a clean car fax and only 20,000 miles on it. You might want to call you dealerships and ask if they have any program vehicles for sale.
Good luck! I know how it is to be upside down!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.