Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I was last here I’ve used plasti-dip to de-chrome the grille and Pontiac badges, and I’ve also removed the rear lettering. I sanded and polished my headlights and tinted my tail lights using Plasti-dip Smoke. I’m also in the process of putting a new decal on my side window :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Great looking car, but what is this you're both talking about? Some kind of "Sportsball" game? /s
Also, what made you want to de-chrome and take lettering off?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We’re talking about the National Hockey League. I just felt like debadging one night 🤷🏻‍♂️
Great looking car, but what is this you're both talking about? Some kind of "Sportsball" game? /s
Also, what made you want to de-chrome and take lettering off?

·
Registered
140 Posts
National Hockey League
I know, I was just making a joke. The "/s" means "/sarcasm". Anyhow, no worries. What made you decide to de-badge though? I guess I'm just finally voicing the thoughts I have everytime I see someone do it. To me it's like trying to pretend it's not what it is. But, I'm sure that's not what everyone thinks when they do it. I totally understand taking off dealer badging, but at least on mine, I like the fact it says GTP on the back. It's nice to be like "yup, i'll show that off some."

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thanks! I’m sorry about your team choice though...
Hey, I never stated they were a top class team, but they are my "hometown" team and have to stick with them.
Too bad they closed to border, that we couldn't do a "meet and greet" together any time soon, we're not THAT FAR apart!....Stay HEALTHY up there! ;) :)

EDIT: Just checked your avatar area....You're showing USA! so don't know now about my second part of my post to you!:confused:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your headlamps look great! What brand of cleaner did you use? Mine need to be done also.
I hit it with 400, 600, 1000, 2000 grit sandpaper and then used a compound and a polish with my DA polisher, followed by wax. Took me about an hour to do both.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts