Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys-

This board goes in spurts with messages and whatnot, so Im making a new thread.

For those of you with G6's, be it one day ago, or a year ago, what's the consensus on your car. Like it, don't like it? buy another one, never buy another one?

Any problems, greatest thing about it.

And of course, MORE PICS!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I like the car but im disapointed with all the rattle and noises the car makes with it only being 8 months on the road if i new this about the car probally would have not got one.Makes you wonder how cheaply they are built

·
Registered
152 Posts
exactly.. i love the car minus the rattles.. and the flex in the car.. u go one tire on a curb and the car feels like it's twisting.. and it just started this new rattle.. when driving.. the whole piece around the stereo has this annoying crackling type sound.. it kills me!

·
Registered
304 Posts
We bought ours in March, have over 7,000 miles and have not experienced any problems. No rattles, no panoramic roof.
Took on trip, 370 miles one way, got 32 mpg. On the way down ran into stop and go traffic for over an hour and got 29.5 mpg.
Would buy another one, really do like the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just turned over 7,000 and like the car with the exception of the interior. Dust/fibers sticks to everything! Can't keep the damn thing clean!!! I would have went with the Nissan Altima if I had had only known.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It sounds like a lot of you are experiencing this rattle...what is it, where does it come from?

More importantly, is it going to get fixed?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have over 4.000 miles and don't have any rattles or other problems. Well I had one, check engine light came on and a fuel tank pressure sensor went bad. So minbe is above average for first year problems, think the industry average is like 1.5 in the first year. I like the gas mileage too. I got 35mpg once on a 70 mile highway trip, needless to say i was stoked. Usually I get around 22-24 in town and 31-34 on the highway depending how fast I drive.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have 4500, on mine and I love it. It does have rattles they are all in the dash. I just took off the resegnater, and the car sounds like a big chainsaw... If I had one thing to change about the car it would be a manual trans, that would make it allot funner to drive.. No pics yett got to figger out how to put pics on the site..

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To upload pictures, go to photobucket.com and make an account (free) and upload the pictures there, and either copy and paste the link to the board's message, or use the insert image feature on the "full response" option.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Update!

My contact at Pontiac informs me that my build date was bumped up to August 15th, and I should be able to pick it up at the dealership on Wednesday, the 31st. I pissed myself in excitement :D

Even better news, GM announced that they are going to cut prices on 30 (?) of their 2006 models...hopefully this will include mine!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Here's all the information I could find:

GM is betting it can wean customers from huge discounts by offering a low price and touting the value and quality of its vehicles.

The four-cylinder Pontiac G6, for example, will see a price cut of about $3,000, and the Chevrolet Malibu sedan's sticker price will drop about $1,300, company officials said.

The 2006 Cadillac DTS will be priced more than $5,000 lower than its predecessor, the DeVille.

The retro-styled Chevrolet HHR, making its debut for 2006, has already been priced to compete with the Chrysler PT Cruiser, with a base sticker price at $15,990.

With dealer inventories dwindling from the two-month employee pricing promotion, GM spokesman Jeff Kuhlman said the company intends to end the discounts on 2005 models Monday.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Subtle_Cynicism said:
It sounds like a lot of you are experiencing this rattle...what is it, where does it come from?

More importantly, is it going to get fixed?
I've had mine since March. I have 4000 miles on it and so far I've had a new speaker put in, a new radio put in, and a new amp. I have the Monsoon system. I do not have a panoramic sunroof, the regular on seems to be working fine. The dash makes a very annoying cracking noise, that will never go away. The dealer told me it's from the 2 different plastics on top of each other. I do have the above mentioned rattle and cannot seem to get it fixed. I've been to the dealer about once and have called about it everyday this week to see if they want me to bring it in to try and fix it. Sometimes it also seems to struggle starting, even when I have the key turned all the way over. Oh yeah, they're having to order me a new door panel as well. I had lots of problems when I bought a new Grnad Am GT in 99 as well. I don't think after this that I will buy another pontiac. They all look great, but don't seem to be built very sturdy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts