Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the difference between the G5 and G6? I looked at the Pontiac web site and I see not much of a differance in the bodies. Only differance I see is in the dash. :confused: :angel1:

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Pontiac G5 is nothing more than Pontiac's version of the Chevrolet Cobalt with minor exterior cosmetic changes. Although the G5 is new to the U.S. market, it's been out in Canada for the past two years (under the names Pursuit, and now Pursuit G5) and in Mexico as the G4. It's the entry level car in U.S. Pontiac lineup to replace the Sunfire which ended its run last year. It only comes it coupe form with the highest trim (GT) offering a 2.4L Ecotec engine that produces 173 horsepower. It's not in the same class as the G6 nor should be compared to the G6.

·
Registered
168 Posts
G5 = delta platform. G6 = epsilon platform. G5 = I4 engines only. G6 = I4 and V6 engines. G5 = coupe only. G6 = coupe, convertible, and sedan. G5 starts at 14995. G6 starts at 16990. In other words, the only similarities are the pontiac name and logo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tonia0028 said:
So the G6 is better?
Depends on what you are looking for. If you're interested in a midsize coupe/sedan, then yeah the G6 is worlds better. If you're looking for a subcompact coupe that's in the same class as Honda Civic, Ford Focus, Hyundai Elantra then the G5 is better.

Personally from looks, style, feel, and comfort I'd take a G6 over a Cobalt/Pursuit/G5 anytime. I sat in my first G6 coupe last night at a Pontiac dealership (they were closed and the doors was unlocked on the car so I got in :)) and it was the most wonderful feeling. I didn't get that feeling sitting in a Cobalt/Pursuit/G5). The only thing I didn't like about the G6 coupe was that it appears the rear windows appears to be useless as I could see very little out of it, but then again it was park in front of a light post and there was a huge glare on the back.

However in the model lineup, G6 is superior to the G5.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.