Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering Which one do you all think is better? I bought my G6 in feb. and I'm happy with it and the deal I got on it but man the G8 looks so good! It makes me wish I would of tried to save up enough to get one of them but it would of been 25,000 where I live and I got my G6 GT for 14,500. Even my husband came home a few days ago talking about how much he liked the G8 look better, but do you all know if it actually is any better? One thing I do know about the G6 is that there seems to be more of them on the road around here than there was when I got mine. 4 of my neighbors have them now and everytime I go out I see them everywhere. The two local car lots have at least 4 for sell at all times. Yes two car lots I live in a small town. Lol Anyways my question, is the G8 or G6 better in your opinion? Thanks!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Personally, G8 but only in a GT trim or higher. Not to mention, you only lose like 3 miles per gallon in each category of city, highway, and combined. The power and driving thrill though... through the roof. Just my two cents.

·
;)
386 Posts
I have to go with the G8. That car is badass. Cant compare the 6cyl to the v8 but the 6cyl g8 numbers are close to the gxp g6 except for weight.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I really like the hood on the G8 but I think the whole car looks awesome! I know I will probably not even be able to get one, but I would love to test drive one. I found a 08 G8 for 19,900 but it has 100,000 miles so I'll stay away. I'm really happy with my G6 so far and it only has 32,000 miles it's a GT and I got it for 14,500. I guess there's just a little part of me that wants to know what it would be like to have one. Could anyone tell me if there's anything better on the G6? One more question do you all notice there's more G6's on the road now? I don't know if it's because I notice them more now that I have one or if it's because their good cars, cheaper priced, or because the Pontiac brand is gone. What's everyone's thoughts on this?

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
the g8 is better in every aspect in every trim / model

only the price is the issue

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you can afford to buy one and drive one (though MPG isn't that far off, but I imagine insurance would be a little more) the G8 is hands down the better car especially if your a driver, not a ride a long type driver.

I would love to buy one but it just isn't in the cards right now.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm looking at a couple different cars for when I graduate soon. The G8 GXP is at the top of the list along with used M3's if I decide to sell the G6. If I decide to keep it, I plan on picking up a Solstice for fun.

Now, if only I can find the color and options I want. Closest match is the wrong color and in New Jersey.

·
Registered
19 Posts
G8 FTW for sure hands down
agreed...not to sound mean but when i read the original post about which one is better i had to ask if the OP was serious. The G6 isnt even comparable to a G8, its almost like comparing a chevy cobalt to a corvette they arent even in the same class.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My ex had a G8, and it was definitely a very nice car. It had a great ride, and lots of nice features. But, I myself am very happy with my G6.

·
iz Jared
201 Posts
I remember falling in love with the G8 before it even came to the states. The first time I saw the car that was destined to be the G8 over in Australia I was in love. When I was looking for buying my car, the dealer had a '09 G8 GXP(black on black leather) sitting there right next to the G6. However the price he wanted for the G8 just wasn't feasible for me to pay. So I got the G8's baby sister and I'm really happy with her.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I love the G8, and someday I will own one.

But this just isn't the economy for the G8, and that's why sales were terrible.

If only the G8 had lasted long enough for the 30 MPG, 300 Horsepower LLY currently in the Camaro, I suspect sales would have shot up. But, I couldn't pick from that...

... and wound up buying an '09.5 G6. Granted, I paid about $8000 less than the cheapest G8 within 300 miles, and I also get about 5-7 mpg higher... but the G8 is never a "bad" decision.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've been seeing a few G8's in my area lately. I'd really like to get one but the prices of the ones within 100 miles of me are a lot more expensive than the g6. I was able to get my 2010 g6 gt for 14,500. I guess I'll have to settle for it right now but I really want the chance to drive one at least once.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts