Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello
I recently got a new remote for my 2005 G6 and when I took it to the dealership to get programmed, I was told that it couldnt be programed because my car could not communicate with the computer. He told me that it was something wrong with the wires and that it would be $90 to just look at it.. So I was just wondering if any of you have ever heard of this and what you suggest that I should do??

And also a couple of months ago my brake light was staying on whenever I turned the car off but it stopped after a couple of days.

So Im sure there could be something wrong with some wires but I just need some advice.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
That can get complicated.

If what they were saying is the scan tool would not power on then you have a problem with either the DLC connector B+ (terminal 16) or ground (terminal 4). Easy enough to verify those.

If what they were saying was that the scan tool would not communicate with one or more modules you don't have much of a prayer of fixing that yourself.

http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2768&stc=1&d=1330806429

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts