Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently just bought a 2007 Pontiac G6 Gt with 31,400 miles on it with a Cold Air Intake, and a Exhaust. The problem is I'm only getting 17mpg in the city. Please help me with ideas or a solution.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Low MPG

Similar situation here, I have a 2009 Pontiac G6 GT with 60,000 miles and am only getting around 15 MPG combined city/highway with conservative driving habits.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Worth a shot, but you could try using some Techron or Seafoam (I recommend this) to clean out the fuel injectors and such?

·
WHITE G6 GT (:
159 Posts
I sit in the same boat as you fellas. I seriously fill up my car every 2-3 days. I find it to be lame. I have a cold air intake and exhaust. I'm not hard on the car or race it. I just don't understand. And I honestly think my car should have more power than what it has now.

·
Registered
237 Posts
You'd be amazed what 1 clogged fuel injector can do...

I had a severe case of 'bad mileage' awhile back. I tried Lucus cleaner which seemed to clog the injectors even more. So completely fed up, I took it to the dealer and had them run a Terraclean service. They also checked plugs and re-gapped them. Terraclean is also a decarbonizing system which cleans everything. I recommend this as it helped fix my problem. I believe Motorvac is essentially the same process but I'd go with Terraclean. It runs a fuel mixture through the system which takes about 1 hour to complete. Best of luck.

http://www.terraclean.net/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts