Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know mpg questions are probably asked a lot. Im getting about 15 mpg city. I do beat on the car but was wondering of this was too low. Just want to make sure my car is in running order. I only have 50,000 miles on it.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2006 gt with a 3.5 v6. My driving is all city just wanted to know if my mileage was in rang. thanks for the link im only getting 4 miles less which seems reasonable.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I'd say its a little low. Maybe if you're going wide open at every light, but, I'd say it should be higher. I do better than 15 in my truck with only city driving. Though there are alot of things that determine fuel mileage.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Before I had my engine mods, the lowest I had was 19 in all city. Same engine (sedan). So something must be wrong.. I would pull 19 with WOT at least once or twice every drive.
What have you checked so far?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thanks for the reply. my driving style is similar to mitchd17 i have checked spark plugs it appears to be clean. I have crab intake filter which is fairly new. I was thinking about replacing wires. The engine is running fine so its hard to tell what i need to replace.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a quick update. I replaced wires and spark plugs and ran prestone fuel system cleaner through the car. When i filled up i calculated 16 mpg which is little improvment.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just a quick update. I replaced wires and spark plugs and ran prestone fuel system cleaner through the car. When i filled up i calculated 16 mpg which is little improvment.
2008 w/ 30K miles on a 3.5 GT 'Vert with Crab intake & I'm getting about 19 city & 30 highway - 26 combined.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts