Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone gotten bad gas mileage when they first got their car. I know alot of my driving has been city, but the first 100 miles that I put on my car used 1/2 a tank. Is this normal? Thanks in advance.

P.S., forgot to mention that i haven't been beating on it, been taking it easy on the gas.
 

·
Designed For Action
Joined
·
509 Posts
1/2 tank used for 100 miles is excessive. What brand of gas do you use?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealer put shell in, but they used 87 octane, and who knows the quality of shells gas in the ghetto where they filled it up at.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
CACTIDEVIL said:
Dealer put shell in, but they used 87 octane, and who knows the quality of shells gas in the ghetto where they filled it up at.
shell gas is approved by GM standards (i know this because it's the only station around here that is). though if it sat for a long time it could go bad.

let us know when/if you find out what's up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
After 3,106 miles (5 000 Km.Canada) my average milage (combined city/highway) per gallon is 28 to 29 miles per gallon. I own a 6 speed GTP Coupe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
When I first got my G6 last June I had brutal fuel economy, it was 18 L per 100 km (metric system..I'm up in Canada eh) and it came down to 14.7L/100km for a while, until about 1800 or 2000 km....ever since then it has gotten better and better, since it has fully broken in now. I only put premium in it now, and that further increases the fuel economy (I get better than what the sticker says I should be).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
I have 10,500 miles now on my '06 GTP coupe w/ A4 and I'm getting 25 mpg avg. I can get as much as 28-29 on my drive into work ( 82 miles one way , all turnpike, mostly flat ground, 70 mph ) using mainly Shell and BP 87 oct. I guess for how much fun this car is, it's acceptable to me. I knew it wasn't going to be an economy king.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
sportredG6owner said:
I only put premium in it now, and that further increases the fuel economy (I get better than what the sticker says I should be).
No offense man, but premium fuel is a waste of money on a car designed for 87 octane. Premium is designed for higher compression engines, to prevent premature detonation. It has no other benefits.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
musicman8120 said:
I have 10,500 miles now on my '06 GTP coupe w/ A4 and I'm getting 25 mpg avg. I can get as much as 28-29 on my drive into work ( 82 miles one way , all turnpike, mostly flat ground, 70 mph ) using mainly Shell and BP 87 oct. I guess for how much fun this car is, it's acceptable to me. I knew it wasn't going to be an economy king.
if it averaged 28mpg all the time I would trade my overrated 200hp tomorrow.
what is the lowest avg. you have seen?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Metric conversion ????

I drive a 6 speed GTP coupe. After 6,000 Km. I can affirm that my average milage is 12,3 Liters / 100Kms. I use the French Language on my car (Montreal) and when I convert to Mesures Anglaises (English Mesure) I get only 18.4 miles / gallon ???? Don't know if English Gallons or American gallons have some influence here. I did'nt check elsewhere but when I use a converter table the results are for 12,3 liters / 100 Kms. : 29,4 US Gals or 34,7 UK ????

I wonder if the cars converter is OK or not. but I always get the same results.

Is there an other problem with this car???
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top