Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well none of my gauges work. I'm able to turn the car on but it's like its not on they never move. I don't know how fast im going or how much gas I have lol. About a month ago I installed a Pioneer avh-4300dvd but i didn't use the Scosche GM13SR wiring harness I used the the regular wiring harness cause I don't have onstar and didn't care about keeping my information center. So im thinking that its happing cause of the wiring harness not being the right one. Has anyone have this happened or know why it's happing. If you can help I would appreciate it. My signal lights are also not working another thing I can think it is might be a fuse problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not really car smart so I don't knoW what to check or tO look for. If u can let me know what to look for then I'll check. I remember when I was installing the DVD we had to connect the a wire to a fuse box is that where i should be looking at?

·
Midnight Blue GT
186 Posts
That's odd...but you would think if it was a fuse problem the entire gauge would work not just certain parts of it. I would re trace your steps with whatever you did with the dvd player...my guess is that your turn signal leds are blown, and the motor for your gauges are burnt out...but that's the worst case scenario

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went ahead and took out the Pioneer deck and installed the factory stereo and got the blinkers to work. But still no luck on the gauges so I don't know whats the problem so I'm gonna just take it in for a look.

·
Midnight Blue GT
186 Posts
I went ahead and took out the Pioneer deck and installed the factory stereo and got the blinkers to work. But still no luck on the gauges so I don't know whats the problem so I'm gonna just take it in for a look.
If i were you I would take it to a custom shop because the stealership will give it to you raw for just looking at it. And just an FYI I heard they don't have parts for the gauge cluster they sell the whole thing in its entirety and the last time I checked it was 225 if you buy it from them. When you find out whats actually wrong and you need parts just hit me up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts