Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really starting to think about getting rid of my G6 if gas prices keep going the way they are here.and getting something smaller like the pursuit ? but we really love are G6.when i filled up with gas today here in london gas was at 96.9 a ltr ouch! it was around $50.00 and that is once a week for me everybody around here says its going to be over a $1.00 a ltr before summer is over

·
Registered
314 Posts
Unfortunately, Pontiac and GM in general are very limited with their "good fuel economy" cars.

The only cars off the top of my head that are anywhere near semi-acceptable (and they are all unacceptable compared to what Toyota offers in terms of gas milage) would be the Pursuit, Vibe, Cavalier, Sunfire, Aveo, Wave, and that's about it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I live in the US, too, but I know my Pontiac's fairly well.

The Pursuit is the Pontiac equivalent of the Chevy Cobalt, and the Wave is the Pontiac equivalent of the Chevy Aveo. Unfortunately, they are not available as Pontiacs in the USA. Yet...One can only hope.

take a look a GM's Canadian website.

·
Registered
197 Posts
We'll get the Pursuit before long...the SUnfire is getting way outdated and will be killed in the next year or two.

I hate gas prices, but I've learned to accept them. At least the GTP manual should get around 30 highway, which I think is pretty good for a GM v-6 (it helps that its DOHC)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Subtle_Cynicism said:
Unfortunately, Pontiac and GM in general are very limited with their "good fuel economy" cars.

The only cars off the top of my head that are anywhere near semi-acceptable (and they are all unacceptable compared to what Toyota offers in terms of gas milage) would be the Pursuit, Vibe, Cavalier, Sunfire, Aveo, Wave, and that's about it.
In small cars yes. But compare the G6 to the Camry. They go toe to toe in fuel economy from 4 cylinder to the 2 v6's. With the exception of the Malibu, which shares the 3500, I haven't been able to find any v6 powered cars (non hybrid) that get both better city and highway mileage than the g6.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think the Mazda 6i gets a little bit better economy then the G6, and it's a comperable car. Not sure completely though.

And Hadden, I think the Sunfire was discontinued in 2005 along with the Cavalier, wasn't it?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Possibly. I don't really follow that piece they call a Sunfire...:D Hopefully the replacement will look as good as the Cobalt...I think GM actually did a decent job on the styling.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Subtle_Cynicism said:
I think the Mazda 6i gets a little bit better economy then the G6, and it's a comperable car. Not sure completely though.
QUOTE]

Nope, 6i gets 23/31 with a manual out of a 160hp 4 cylinder, bolt on the auto and it is 23/28. If you compare with the V6 S, the v6 g6 is far ahead in mileage as the best it can do is 20/27.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gas prices have come down around here for now today its around 0.87 a ltr what is it elswere

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well, last night it was $2.14 here...today its $2.35...something happen that I don't know about? Usually I can predict when it will go up (by watching the news, etc.)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts