Pontiac G6 Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
hey, any MATH MAJORS out there????

am i figuring this right, at 104.9 per liter (or is it litre?)and with 3.785 lt per U.S. Gal and an average exchange rate of $1.20 cad to $1.00 us, does this mean Canadians are paying the equivilent of $4.02 per Gallon for GAS????

am i even close????? gas here TODAY (central Indiana) was $2.42/gal, down about .30 from two weeks ago.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not a math major but this is how I see it...

The approximate fuel tank capacity of a G6 Sedan is 16 Gallons
Multiply that number by 3.8 (approx.) you than get about 60 Litres
Right now gas in toronto is about $.87 per L multiply that by 60 which equals $52.2 CDN...
You are paying approx $38.72 USD to fill up your tank
With the monetary conversion it equals roughly $45.8 CDN

Conclusion: Canadians are getting screwed

Please correct me if i'm wrong

·
Registered
235 Posts
Gas in Tennessee is ranging from 2.14 per gallon to 2.68 per gallon. I live in a small town which usually has the cheapest gas prices, but not anymore. Nashville's gas prices are about 2.14 per gallon and gas in my town, is of course, 2.68 per gallon. :rolleyes: Diesel where I live is still over 3.00 per gallon.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'm getting 35+ mpg on the highway and 20ish driving HARD in town. Until gas jumps somewhere north of 5 dollars a gallon i can honestly say its not hurting me. :)

Gas is around 2.40 a gallon right now where I am at.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Gas in my small town has gotten down to 2.17 per gallon.

I traveled to Brentwood the past 2 days and got about 34 miles per gallon and their gas prices are 2.34 per gallon :eek: , this is the much richer part of middle Tennessee. It's also about 15 minutes aways from where Nissan is looking to move their corporate headquarters, so you would think they would lower the prices a little, but I have heard that prices on everything started to rise when they heard we may be getting another Nissan plant.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.