Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Pontiac G6. When walking around my car and even inside when driving there is a strong gas smell. In my driveway is a stain from gas leaking. I've read that the 2007 had a recall for this but not the 2006. Any ideas?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Are you a Do It Yourselfer? You obviously have a notable fuel leak, Either jack it up and trace where it's from and repair it or get it to a shop (your choice of who you trust) and have it checked/fixed. The LEAST driving the better for YOUR safety and the environment in case of possible FIRE.

·
Super Moderator
4,079 Posts
Pretty positive it'll end up being the plastic tube above your fuel tank. It'll be cracked. And Sorry, but you'll have to replace the whole fuel pump to fix it.
The updated aftermarket pumps have changed that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2006 Pontiac G6. When walking around my car and even inside when driving there is a strong gas smell. In my driveway is a stain from gas leaking. I've read that the 2007 had a recall for this but not the 2006. Any ideas?
I had that problem a few years ago, but it was due to the mechanic dropping my gas tank without disconnecting the fuel pump hose first and it tore from the fuel pump (He was replacing the gas neck). He didn't mention it to me and I kept smelling a faint gas odor until the hose actually disengaged from the fuel pump altogether. Make sure your fuel pump hose is not torn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts