Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read some articles saying premium is not needed for a supercharged and then some articles saying that it would be the dumbest idea ever to not put premium gas in. The dealership told me regular but idk? any help?

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Ummm...do you have a G6? Unless there's a LOT you're not telling us, it's not supercharged.

The Grand Prix had a supercharger available from 97-08; the 97-03 had to use 93 to avoid knock retard; the 04-08 could use 87 (would reduce performance but the engine was tuned to avoid KR).

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you happen to have a G6 with an aftermarket supercharger on it chances are the tune probably requires a higher octane fuel to prevent ping. If you have a stock G6 however, putting in Premium is just throwing money away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah im stupid. ha. i did not even take a look under the hood. when i bought it from the dealer i didnt think that it had a supercharged engine and the dealer told me that it did and that it also had a 6 disc cd changer and he lied on those since my model does not have the 6 disc option and obviously no supercharger and now that i have owned the car for over 2 months i feel stupid for believing and not loooking for myself. ha

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
take it back and say the sc is missing and you want 2k back or they can put one in.

you gotta be as dumb as the salesman imo. hey look a g6 with a sc. what a good deal! buy it!

stories like this ( dumb people ) make these g6 forums even better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts