Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Jackie and I live on the Central Coast of Cali. My Mom and I rebuilt our 1971 Datsun 510 engines when I was 16. Thanks to her I have a thing for cars. I am interested in meeting other female automotive enthusiasts here.
I just purchased my dream car and had to join this forum. I plan to own her for a very long time. I was thinking of a name for her when I realized how freakin' cool the remote start is, so I named her 007. Very James Bond ish in my book.
Not looking for mod's yet, but I did go to a few threads on tires. Mine came with a new set of Firestone FR710's. They seem okay for now. They definitely hug the road on curves.
Cheers for now and thanks for letting me introduce myself.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah our 510's were great cars and a ton of fun to work on. Mine was the race car , never had a speck of dirt anywhere and very pretty. Hers was the drive it anywhere, bring home and fix it quick one. She would drive it to Baja, through rivers and come home with mud caked everywhere.
I fell hard for the G6 when my Saab needed a tow (big surprise there right?) last year and Enterprise picked me up in a Dark Granite one. It was only a matter of time...

·
Registered
465 Posts
I remember seeing a few Datsun 510s on the tracks many many years ago and it was amazing how well they handled....small, light, nimble, simple, stick-shift, independent suspension, and most of all, RWD. Cars have come a long way since then but somehow that level of pure driving fun is not there.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
We had a Datsun B-210 at one time. You could run faster but I swear
it got like 40 miles to the gallon . It was green.

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
We had a Datsun B-210 at one time. You could run faster but I swear
it got like 40 miles to the gallon . It was green.
My parents had a 1981 yellow one :D

Definitely a world of difference between the 210 and the 510 ;)

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you put the SSS engine in it? The 510's really moved with those engines. I rebuilt a couple of the stock engines myself.

~ MattInSoCal
We rebuilt the top of the engine and put in a nice cam, lowered it, put a stiff suspension on her, low profile tires and set the camber on the rear wheels out.
Even though she was a four banger she sounded and drove great.
There is a clay track close to where we live. My son's friend races his 510 every Friday night and does pretty well. He is building a name for himself, locally anyway. Not bad for a 19 year old. Now he probably has an SSS in his!

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Notta problem...I will dig through the "archives" and get a few posted. Be patient though, I owned the car 30 years ago and have a lot of photographs! Oh and you can have a good laugh at my 80's hair at the same time...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts