Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys. I just traded in my 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP for a 2006 G6 GTP Coupe. For the most part, it's a nice car, and they've done a lot to polish up the Pontiac brand. Question for you G6 pros out there-

I've noticed that the G6 seems way sluggish ( I own one in a manual transmisst the factory intakes are total performance robbers, and the engines aren't tuned well out of factory, but what kinds of advice do you all have for improving the performance? I've been pretty unimpressed with the engine performance, but love the car otherwise.
They do feel very sluggish! Yes the engines put out around the same power, but you also have alot more weight in the G6. Unlike your L67 in the grand prix, you just can't drop a pulley size to add power ;) I can't find one after market engine part for the G6's. Till more parts start showing up, about all you can do is find someone good to tune it, get rid of the stock intake, and put a better flowing exhaust on it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.