Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so couple of days ago I had to change the canister purge valve (I believe it was called), however during the process I notice this other part halfway broken. However, I have no idea what is the name of this part and that's my question. I don't even know what it is for. Here is a picture of it, it's the part with the green cap on it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked online for that and it seems like the test port is just where the green cap is. I am looking for the entire component that includes that testing port.

The main reason I am asking for this is because I have an EVAP leak (CEL P0455) and so I would like to get this change, since it is just a zip-tie holding it together, before I take it to a mechanic to check the engine code.

·
Registered
2 Posts
were u able to find out what this part is called? This particular part on my Pontiac G6 is completely broken off and disconnected. Any help identifying this part would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did anyone ever find an answer to what this is? I've been looking everywhere and it seems like it's only on the 05's. I'm also looking for a replacement vacuum line that connects to it. I tore mine up after digging the broken piece out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is one of those parts that will not be easily replaceable through a store. Goto a junk yark and pull one. We have Pick n Pull junkyards in NY. Something like that would cost maybe 3 bucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts