Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im getting a 2008 G6 and was wondering what are some popular mods that people do to their G6's when they first get them. I probably wont do anything too major for a little while so I can get some cash saved, just wondering what everyone does, different headlights, different dash gauges etc. Ive seen some different lighting in the gauges and stuff that look cool.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Take a look at the members rides section and look through the build threads in there. You can get lots of ideas just from there.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
~$45 if you don't have any of the material. You need the paint, clear, sandpaper, and wax. If you have any of that the cost would drop.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Use VHT niteshades. 2-3 coats should be plenty, depending on how dark you want them. (Mine are two coats for a reference point)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Use VHT niteshades. 2-3 coats should be plenty, depending on how dark you want them. (Mine are two coats for a reference point)
Ok thanks, I'm gonna check with my cousin too who is a State Trooper to see if it's allowed and stuff because NY State is anal about stuff you do to your cars. Pretty stupid but whatever. If he says it's good to go then I'll look into it and see how dark I wanna go with it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Cops around here are like that too, got pulled over for speeding, and the cop said absolutely nothing about the tint! (plus I got off with just a verbal warning :) )

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cops around here are like that too, got pulled over for speeding, and the cop said absolutely nothing about the tint! (plus I got off with just a verbal warning :) )
my friend had a black light bolted to his dash and a cop stopped him for speeding and asked if he was a volunteer firefighter and he said no so the cop told him to take it off the dash and he said he would when he got home and the cop said no you'll do it now so he literally had to rip it off the dash and it left a hole from where one of the bolts ripped through.....pathetic. Luckily Im a volunteer firefighter so I can put blue lights in my car and will be doing so :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
my friend had a black light bolted to his dash and a cop stopped him for speeding and asked if he was a volunteer firefighter and he said no so the cop told him to take it off the dash and he said he would when he got home and the cop said no you'll do it now so he literally had to rip it off the dash and it left a hole from where one of the bolts ripped through.....pathetic. Luckily Im a volunteer firefighter so I can put blue lights in my car and will be doing so :)
Why did he consent to that?!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Ok thanks, I'm gonna check with my cousin too who is a State Trooper to see if it's allowed and stuff because NY State is anal about stuff you do to your cars. Pretty stupid but whatever. If he says it's good to go then I'll look into it and see how dark I wanna go with it.

Just FYI it is illegal to tint your tail lights.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Get the black Eagle Eyes, completely changes your car. Maybe a tint, Im finally getting mine done next week. A strut bar, my moms getting me that for christmas. Also look at crabs, hopefully my gets me that too lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Get the black Eagle Eyes, completely changes your car. Maybe a tint, Im finally getting mine done next week. A strut bar, my moms getting me that for christmas. Also look at crabs, hopefully my gets me that too lol
What's the major benefit of Crabs?....sounds really bad haha. Anyways....does it give your car a noticeable boost in hp?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts