Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again all,
Wife's 08 GT 3.5 with 165K miles, every now and then will feel like the lockup converter will "chuggle" in and out under mid range steady speed and light load to the motor. I've said that I'm more of a MOPAR guy before, and found on them that the TPS will cause this on them, but have not had a MOPAR with "throttle by wire" like this GM has. Car runs perfectly and no CEL or other data glitches that my basic scanner can pick out.
Any feedback appreciated.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BUMP....
No responses, so thought I'd add a bit more info.
My scanner does have"data stream" capability although rather basic. Will read TPS %, but not sure it's reading TB or foot pedal.My 04 Chy. minivan has cable throttle and did the same thing with it's TPS of TCC "chuggle", which with a digital VOM would NOT pick up test sweep. At 196K miles,I replaced it anyway and the TCC "chuggle" was gone.
I looked up on rockauto for TPS for the G6, and found a throttle body mounted unit at almost the same price as a complete throttle body! Thoughts are still appreciated about this subject. This MOPAR guy needs a little help from the GM side of the "aisle".... :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BUMP,. BUMP
Did I mention that the condition when it happens is quite noticeable and rather harsh on the feel. Only way to get out of it is to apply more pedal and "power out" of it or put it in manual and drop a gear. which my wife will NOT do.
Any thoughts...CONDOLENCES ....ridicule ??????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts