Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
getting there one mod at a time (progression)

stock

Attachments

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
red led's in the dome and red neons under the dash. 20" forte rims. chrome trim above windows, pillars, and door handles. 35w 8000k hid's. blacked out tails. more pics to come....pics i dont have yet.....debadged on back, black vinyl on front badge, custom vinyl badge on lower left of trunk lid. in process of painting interior. all dash black with red accents. all tan pieces will eventually be painted black.

Attachments

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You did all that in 8 minutes?? wow....
lol no just hadnt put up any pics yet. i did it all in about a month and a half though minus starting to paint the interior. just started that about a week ago.

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
You should try and get some headlights with black housing. Would make the whole black thing so much better.

·
Registered
190 Posts
You should try and get some headlights with black housing. Would make the whole black thing so much better.
Like these:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Good looking car! Personally, I dont care for the Pinstripe, but to each there own.

JT

·
Registered
88 Posts
I like what you did with the interior lighting, never could figure out how people set those things up.

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i actually just did that to my lights the other day. my buddy has a 04 titan and he does the headlight mod all the time for people all over the country so i went to his house we took the headlights apart....removed lights and the harness then you bake them in the oven for 10 mins at 275 degrees i believe to release the sealant then pull them apart paint them and re seal them and thats exactly how they look..just got to hit it with some headlight restoration so they look better bc when i bought the car the headlights werent in the best of shape. but i also tinted the running lights and side marker before reassembling. this was just a for now thing until i get the black housing halo headlights when tax time rolls around.

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good looking car! Personally, I dont care for the Pinstripe, but to each there own.

JT
thanks man. put a good amount of time into it so far to try and get it right. and the pinstripe came on it. i like it but im going to replace it with a red stripe to go with my whole black and red theme on the inside. which i only have one pic so far of that im about to post.

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like what you did with the interior lighting, never could figure out how people set those things up.
i ordered a set of red "fyre flys" led's is how i think you spell it. i comes with two led plates with up to like 24 leds each or something. it comes with three seperate adapters so it will fit in most vehicles. and since my dome light only has one spot for a light i wired the two leds together so that it would give off more light since red is obviously not the brightest color and then just mounted it with the provided 3m tape inside my dome light housing. i also bought the red 9" neons from advance auto parts and cut off the cig lighter plug and wired it into my fuse box and mounted one under the driver side dash and the other under the pass side dash. and they have a switch to turn them on i just mounted that on the side of my dash by my right knee under the ignition. ive since switched them to led strips bc my retarded friend broke one of the neons by kicking it. but the neons are deff brighter. its a pretty inexpensive way to make your interior pop a little more. the neons are $35 at advance and the dome leds were only like $15 on ebay.

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
started the interior work. only pic so far. painted the glove box, lower dash on drivers side and A pillars black. painted the glove box handle, ash tray/ change holder, side defroster vents and the gauge cluster cover red. doing the headliner within the next week or so and continuing to paint everything thats tan to black and red. put a black and red shift boot on just for the hell of it and the steering wheel cover to kind of complete the look.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think its safe to say you're favorite color is red! I like it a lot though. I blacked out my tails like that also, put 10000k hids on, and debadged, my g6 is also black. I am hoping to get some black rims soon, but i am still looking for the right ones.

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think its safe to say you're favorite color is red! I like it a lot though. I blacked out my tails like that also, put 10000k hids on, and debadged, my g6 is also black. I am hoping to get some black rims soon, but i am still looking for the right ones.
lol yeah my favorite color combo is black and red. i had the 100000k hids but one of the bulbs blew so i changed them too 8000k and im much more satisfied bc i can see a lot better when im driving. i found one of the best websites on accident looking for my rims. its www.streetdreams.org they have a large selection and when you go on you can enter your year model and make of your vehicle and it will show you all the rims they have that will fit your vehicle and then you can narrow it down more by size. and thier extremely well priced. i bought my 20's rims and tires off the website and they sent all 20 locking lugs with it for $1350. they sent them UPS and well protected through the shipping process and customer service were friendly and helpful. it took about a week i believe to get them. and they already mount the tires and balance the rims before they send them too you so its very convienient. just took my old wheels off and put these right on and was good to go.

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whats next??
my buddy and i are gonna redo the headliner and back deck lid with black crushed velvet and my sun visors in dark red cushed velvet prob within the next week or so and also start on walling off my trunk so that it looks clean instead of just my box. gonna wrap my box with red crushed and the rest of the wall in black. and prob add a red led ring around each of my subs just for added effect. and continue on painting all the tan surfaces black until my whole interior is just black and red.

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
after we painted the inside of the housings black and hit it with a headlight restore. added some eyelids on the headlight just bc we were bored but it turned out really good. the eyelids and black housing make the front end look a lot more agressive now.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
holy crap that site is awesome. I have been all over, i think i may just order off that website when the time comes.

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
holy crap that site is awesome. I have been all over, i think i may just order off that website when the time comes.
lol yes it is. i recommend it to everyone who asks me about rims.

·
Registered
317 Posts
what kind of paint did you use for your housing? and so you placed them in the oven for 10 min at 275 to break the seal, so when it came time to put back together, you put both seperate pieces back in the oven and after whatever time just resealed? you didnt buy extra sealant just incase of leakage?

1 - 20 of 222 Posts