Pontiac G6 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 85 Posts

· Premium Member
1,063 Posts
I think I like the look of the stock headlight painted better. I was told that the newer models' headlights are hard to get opened is that true?

· Moderator Member Thingy
1,369 Posts
I think I like the look of the stock headlight painted better. I was told that the newer models' headlights are hard to get opened is that true?
07+ have a new sealant that is a PITA to take apart. If you really want to paint your headlights, its usually best to buy a replacement pair of 2006 headlights.

· 07 Black GT Vert ♥
445 Posts
I have the spyders. They are ok. The stock headlights with HIDs put put more light. And of you wasnt headlights for the functionality then... Dont get them. Butif you live in an area where you dont have to turn on headlights theyare great!

You will have to do a bit of modifications to make them work at their fullest potential.
I've also heard some halogen bulb aftermarket projector headlights are generally too dim for many drivers.
That the some of the aftermarket housings are prone to damage from water leaking into them.
Some of the HID bulb kits do not fit some of the aftermarket headlight housing without modifications.
That the HID bulbs can be too hot for some aftermarket housing, and can actually damage the housing.

· Storm Trooper
323 Posts
What mods have to be done for the halo's to be at full potential?

All the modifications can be found in this thread.

Spyder Modification Thread

It is towards the last 5 or so pages if i remember correctly. Just start from page 1 and read till the end. That way you can see all angles of the discussion.
:cool:

· Premium Member
1,063 Posts
I 'm interested if there is a group buy possibly happening

· Premium Member
1,063 Posts
*tumbleweed*

· Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Classic!

· Registered
292 Posts
I remember this, and I remember the roast these lights got on the G6P site. Well for a dirt cheap price I may revisit the idea. but alas nothing but the sound of crickets in this thread...:bolt:

61 - 80 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.