Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I joined because I have had a bad string of problems with my 2007 G6 lately. I am wanting to fix them on my own instead of paying entirely way too much to a shop. So if you have any idea about solutions please help! Here are all of the problems I am having:
-a/c panel not working and in return no a/c, heater or defroster.. big problem! I am not getting any power to the blower motor. Also, when you push the defrost/air circulation buttons the led indicators do not come on. When I turn the knob that adjusts which air vents are open, nothing changes.
-Battery not holding a charge (already replaced my alternator and have a 1yr old battery)
-catalytic converter in muffler needs replaced (I already have the part)

PLESE HELP ME!! My car is being really frustrating in the past few months!

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Get the battery issue sorted first. I've read about weak batteries causing a whole host of problems.
Your battery should be under warranty if it's only a year old and most places will test it for free.

The HVAC system could be a result of that. Otherwise I'd try removing the HVAC control unit and checking the connections behind it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think that the battery is causing the problem. I have an aftermarket head unit so I am wondering maybe if there is a wire on the back of the HVAC control panel that has maybe wiggled its way loose. I am going to take my dash apart and see if that is the problem this weekend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, I have had my battery checked and they said that it was fine and just needed charged. So I think it is just struggling to keep a charge.

·
Perfessor
177 Posts
hbanwart - if you've just replaced the alternator and the battery is 'struggling to keep a charge', and "they (dealer, auto part store?) say the battery just needs to be charged, then is sounds like the alternator is not putting out enough amps to charge the battery after starting. Do you know if "they" did a load test on the battery? I just replaced mine last month after a load test. The battery was rated at 525 CCA (cold crank amps) and the load test showed only 238 CCA - and this was after I put a charger on it over night. I'd recommend having both the battery and alternator load tested properly. It sounds like they are both under warranty so if needs must, it should not cost you for "them" to replace. If that does not solve the problem, we'll keep working at it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts