Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2008 G6 GT about a month and a half ago after my last car was wrecked. It's the first really nice car I've had (my last car was such a "teen" car). It's black and doesn't have anything added on yet. So far I love it! I'm getting window tint tomorrow as my first step. Soon I'd like to do some performance modifications on it. I'm a girl so I don't know too much about this stuff but my ex boyfriend would probably do any work on it if I ask. I'm curious where to start though. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
If I were to add a performance mod it would be a cold air intake. I hear "CRABS" intake is pretty good.
Welcome to the club.

·
Love my commute!
144 Posts
First rule of G6ownersclub.

You must post a picture of your car.

Second rule of G6ownersclub.

If you are a woman you must post a picture of your car AND of yourself.

Amendment to first rule.

If you are a dude posting a picture of your car make sure you are not in the picture.

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
agreed the pic of you and the car
i would start with intake then there are lots
strut tower brace, gtr exhaust, hids headlights, tinted tail lights, those are just a few ideas for not all performance but handling and appearance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got my windows tinted today and it looks sexy as hell! I got 35% all the way around. I'll get a picture of it up soon, maybe with me in it ;) My "teen" car was a 2002 blue Cavalier coupe :eek: I was just happy to have a sunroof.

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
Welcome.
Love to see new Black G6ers join the club.

If your winows are tinted, i would suggest next tinting your tailights and possibly upgrading your rims or grilles in the front.

·
Registered
29 Posts
yes we want more pics plz get exhaust tho and interior neons and ur brake calipers painted

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
Why the heck did they stop putting spoilers on em?
I remember when I ordered mine it was standard as part of the GT package.

Which btw, in 2005 was THE TOP OF THE LINE MODEL!

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Yeah it's crazy how Pontiac would continually change up their designations so that it was impossible for the casual fan to tell what level of trim you had.

My 89 Grand Prix was an SE, which was top of the line (base, LE, SE)
When I got my 97 GTP, that was top of the line and SE was now "bottom" of the line (SE, GT, GTP)

And the biggest change was when they dropped the GTP designation in 2006 and renamed the supercharged version the GT - it caused a world of confusion amongst the old-timers on clubgp.com (3 years later and you still get the occasional "I didn't know the GT was supercharged!")

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
looks nice with the tint. More pics??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm thinking of getting CRABs (the good kind) and my brake calipers painted. I'm not sure what color though... it's between red and black, leaning towards black. I know it won't pop out. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
29 Posts
u could do both?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts